cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between model and version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to APO.Anyone please explain me the difference between model and version.I have a brief idea like version is assigned to model.Model contains nodes(locations) and links(transportation lanes).We can assign different planning versions to a model.Only active version receives data from R/3 system.

But i need the actual difference.We specify the version as active version 000.Like that I also need to know where we specify model.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

1) Model in Supply Chain Network

The supply chain model is the basis for all SCM planning functions. It covers all areas of the network chain from the supplier's supplier to the customer's customer. The model can be determined by importing the relevant data objects from source systems into SCM, or it can be created and maintained solely in SCM. The Supply Chain Engineer (SCE) is SCM's modeling tool. The supply chain model includes the following entities:

a) Locations

b) Transportation lanes

c) Products

d) Resources

e) Production process models

Dependencies

Master data from external sources flows into the active SCM model (model 000). There can be other models in SCM, but none of the others receives data from external systems. A model can have several different versions which can be used for simulation purposes, but only model 000 and version 000 are active.

2) Version Definition

A selection of planning data for a supply chain model. While the supply chain model only contains master data, the planning version also contains transaction data.

Use

It is possible to create different planning versions of each supply chain model for simulation purposes. However, at any point in time, only one model and one of its versions is active. The active model and the active version are both labelled 000.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

JJ,

Anyone please explain me the difference between model and version

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3d/0c3e4045796913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Like that I also need to know where we specify model.

Transaction /SAPAPO/MVM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/df/8b30405fa9e801e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49