cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a pop up to browse folder path in web dynpro selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an input field to enter the path where a file has to be downloaded, in the selection screen and on pressing F4 I must get the pop up for browsing the folder on the computer. On selecting the destination folder the path has to appear on the selection screen field. Is there any way to do this? I tried File Upload, File Download and calling this method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES but none of them work. I do not want to download the file when pressing F4 I need to get the path where the file has to be downloaded. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have created an input field to enter the path where a file has to be downloaded, in the selection screen and on pressing F4 I must get the pop up for browsing the folder on the computer. On selecting the destination folder the path has to appear on the selection screen field. Is there any way to do this? I tried File Upload, File Download and calling this method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES but none of them work. I do not want to download the file when pressing F4 I need to get the path where the file has to be downloaded. Please help

Hi,

In anyway, you should not use CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES, instead try to use the

CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES=>ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES=>ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE.. I created a button named browse and on clicking it, I called this calss. But I do not want to download the file directly, instead I want a pop up to appear so that the user can choose the location where the download has to take place and when he selects ok the path has to appear on the selection screen. The download of the file will take place when the user executes this, in the specified path in selection screen. This is not fulfilled by CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES=>ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE. Any other options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The closest match is

[FileDownload UI|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/09/a5884121a41c09e10000000a155106/content.htm]

or

[AcfUPDownload UI.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/b9157c878a2d67e10000000a42189c/content.htm]

My earlier suggestion fits your requirement if you alter your design. Instead of asking via a button to select a location, You can let the download happen via ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE and this will let the user to choose the destination.

You do not have other options i suppose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is actually an ALV.. the requirement is that in selection screen there is a checkbox and an input field for entering the path where the report has to be downloaded. When the checkbox is selected and the path is given (for which I need the pop up to come from which user can select the path) and on execution, the report has to be displayed as well as downloaded to the required path as an excel file.. if u get to know anything please let me know.. thanks alot for ur response.. very helpful..

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to remember that you are running in a web browser. Therefore there are certain security restrictions imposed by the web browser. You can't just do silent downloads or acess the file system of the client from a web browser - otherwise there would be all kinds of malicious web sites taking advantage of that.

The ACFUpDownload UI element uses a Java Applet to get around some of these restrictions. It does allow silent file downloads. However it doesn't have a file dialog (to select folders) until 7.02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.. Ur reply was very informative.. Hence it solves my problem.. I cannot do it in webdynpro.. Moreover, the report might also be a background job and hence we are going to do it as an ABAP report..

Edited by: svigne on Mar 16, 2011 5:06 AM

Edited by: svigne on Mar 16, 2011 5:08 AM

Answers (0)