cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of Discrete Material code after CIF based on Characteristics Val

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to generate Discrete Material code after CIF based on Characteristics Value.

For example if a material say M1 having different characteristics values, which is taken into consideration while creating the sales order.

Now when we cif Material master having characteritics values in R3, we want discrete material code to be generated by addig suffix to the existing material code.

Example: Material : M1

Characteristic: Coating Type

Coating Type: Zinc, Copper

Discrete Material code to be generated after CIF: M1_Z and M1_C

How should we proceed in this regard and which User exit to use?

Regards.

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punit,

That depends upon what you will do with the data once it is over in SCM. Creating and updating the product masters in SCM is only the first step. Generally, EVERY CIF userexit will probably have to be used, for every bit of data you exchange between the two systems.

On the R/3 side, you will find the appropriate userexits at

IMG > Integration with Other mySAP.com Components > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Application-Specific Settings and Enhancements

On the SCM side, you will find the appropriate userexits at

IMG > Integration with Sap Components > Integration via Core Interface > Application-specific Settings and Enhancements.

I hope you have considered all of the implications of this solution. I don't know what your business requirements are, but SCM, without enhancement, supports all the major functions in planning using characteristics, all without going through the process of translating characteristics to unique products and back again. I hope that your analysis of the business benefit vs the substantial implementation cost, and the continuing maintenance costs of this mod, showed a net positive. You didn't ask for my opinion, but I personally would doubt you could ever get a payback on this investment.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49