cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Standard Apllication: Identifying FPM buttons pressed--Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing an issue in a standard Webdynpro FPM Application. The requirement is once a button is pressed in the Webdynpro view,based on some validations I should stop the transaction and throw some error message.But I am not able to identify where I'll check whether the button is pressed.I saw in the FPM controller methods too where in PROCESS_EVENT I can may be stop the user but I have close to 10 webdynpro components used in my standard application.

Please guide me where am I wrong?

Regards,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Where is the button created?

In the WD view or it as a FPM 'Other Function' button?

If its a FPM button , event will be raised with the click of the button and can be handled it in PROCESS_EVENT() method.

data lo_fpm type ref to if_fpm.
 data lo_event type ref to cl_fpm_event.

IF IO_EVENT->MV_EVENT_ID EQ 'FPM_EVENT_ID'.

"DO validations

ENDIF.

If its a normal WD button , then check for the handler.

Hope I have understood the question correctly , or else please clarify a bit more.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

The button is an FPM button no doubt..But the PROCESS_EVENT() method is at Controller level.How will the system know whether from which Component(View) the user has pressed an FPM Button?

Moreover when I tried to but a break-point in PROCESS_EVENT() it doesn't stop there.

I don't understand why this is happening.Please guide where I am wrong.

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

PROCESS_EVENT method provides another paramater IT_INTERFACE_VIEWS , Which I guess , gives the list of Interface views from which the event might have been triggered.

I have not used this before...so no much info on this.

Check if this could help you out.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it using Metadata actions in Customizing..Could not find the route through FPM..Thanx anyways.

Regards,

Nishant