cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in license key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

3 months ago I installed SAP IDES, after that I asked for and applied a permanent license with Maintenance_ora and Netweaver_ora. Yesterday the temp license and the Maintenance license expired, as of today I only have Netweaver_ORA active (it ends on 12/31/9999). Now when I try to log in with my user it get this error: "Logon not possible (error in license key)", however, I stil can log in with SAP*

Would you please help me to understand whats going on? My understanding was that I could use SAP only with netweaver_ora license but it seems Im wrong?

Thank you very much!

Federico.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In slicense, under new licenses, is the active hardware key the same as the hardware key of the license you installed? If so i would think it would work. Normally, I do not think an expired maintenance certificate keeps you from logging in. It may keep you from using spam/saint, but not logging in. Unless IDES is a special case.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Please check if the license is with correct hardware key and matching with your system.

If Maintenance certificate is expired, it won't prevent you to logon in the system.

Please check the below link and let us know if it helps you.

If you have some further issues, please let us know.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are able to login as SAP* check the slicense tcode.

In the t-code hit new licenses and see the status of the license. Reimport them.

Keep the sap* session aside and try to login with another user in new session,

look in t-code SM21 and paste the error that you see when you tried with other users. Some times SSF parameters might give you issues but paste the error and we will figure out the problem.

Regards

SM.