cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to NW dual stack environment. So please bear with me.

In our portal ( portfolio Management ), some reports ( in Reports and Analytics section ) fail with error

"Portal Runtime Error" Exception ID: 04:51_11/03/11_34079751

com.sap.Portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport::CommonTopLayer

If I give the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN this error disappears.

1) what is this role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN which has no authorization object at all. And how does it work ?

2) How can i create a less powerful role that can be given to non-admin employees so that this report runs ?

Regards

paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you give any authorization to the users in the back end system? ABAP and Java stack communicate with a RFC. So Ideally the users in the back end should be have S_RFC authorization in there profile. Did you try this?

Regards,

Vamshi.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN and other J2EE roles are so called dummy roles. They look empty in ABAP but it actually triggers assignment of authorization on the J2EE stack.

You can check the authorization assigned to your user on the J2EE stack User Management http://<host>.<domain>:5<instance number>00/useradmin

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please check SAP note:631583 and also go through the details on this role from SAP library.

You will know more on this.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to post this question in the security section.

In dual stack system SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role is given to user. It appears to have no authorizations in the ABAP system, but if you look at it from the java side in the UME, you see it has full administrator access.

I'm not a BW security person, but roles can be created to use specific functions such as ivews, and as I understand BW security access can be granted to specific data areas to be used with the functions. Perhaps another person can elaborate more, or you may want to post a question in the security and/or BW forums.