cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Logs in PI7.1 not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI folks,

We are having issue with audit logs in our PI7.1 environment. Currently , we cannot see audit logs in RWB-message monitoring> details for succefull messages. Afte researching i found out Note:1314974-P7.1 AF Messaging System Audit Log persistence. As per this note I also changed the property of messaging.auditLog.memoryCache to "false" from "true", and restarted the service. But still no lock with audit logs. There is another Note 1436261: Audit Logs from other cuslter nodes are not dsplayed. ..which suggests to apply patch. My qustion is , has anyone applied this second note to resolve this issue? please share your experience on this type of issue. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI DK,

Could you please check if your system is healthy initially by XI readiness Check - for this refer SAP Note:

If everything is healthy and working fine as per the above note then please check the notes 152084 and as u have already mentioned 1314974 (please cross check again).

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am still not seeing anything in Audit logs for any successfull messages after applying Note 1314974. Before i could see audit logs for some randome message not i cant even see for any of them.

Do I also need to apply 1520874 Note? And my Quality system has the value "true" for property messaging.auditLog.memoryCache...and still shows audit logs for most the successfull messages which is confusing. Can anyone please suggest me any solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having a similar issue. Did you managed to find any solution to this?

regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to this note:

Note 1436261 - Audit Logs from other cluster nodes are not displayed".

if you have cluster, this will solve it.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pankaj,

have you checked the notes provided me above....

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Audit Log messages you need to change parameter 'messaging.auditLog.memoryCache' to false in order to persist the audit logs in PI 7.1 system. Please take a look at note #1314974 for more details.

And notice that after changing the parameter to false, audit logs are persisted till the corresponding messages are deleted. The default retention period of messages on AE is 30 days, so understand that it could have a little impact on the data volume.

If you are having issues after applying that, you may apply the note:

#1520874 - Unexpected deletion of audit log entries.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani