cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM - Delivery Quantity check during post goods issue

tony_romain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am working on a problem in my company. We are running ECC6.0 ehp 4. We are using standard ERLA functionality with sales bom (5) for product kits. Delivery manager has requested that we investigate a system check during delivery post goods issue. THe problem is that when shipper processes delivery, if they have to backorder they update pick and delivery quanity on the TAE item. They should also update TAQ delivery quantity, so that backorder amount is correct. If they make data entry error, backorder quantity is incorrect. The delivery manager has tried a number of attempts to re-train and correct mistakes. He is now asking that SAP issue a hard error if TAQ and TAE delivery item quantities are not the same.

I have searched on SAP Notes, Forms, and Google and do not see solution. I know that at delviery item category there is a minimum qty check for the item category. I've not found a user exit or configuration point that checks quanities. Does anyone know of out of the box solution? Or where would I put in custom user exit?

Test Case

Create Standard Order

Enter Material with Sales BOM

ITEM A Qty 10

BOM explodes with Item categories

ITEM A TAQ parent

ITEM B TAE child

Create Delivery

Delivery has item categories TAQ and TAE

TAE is pickable, TAQ no pick

Process TAE

Pick quantity of 5 items

Change delivery quantity to 5 items

Forget to change TAQ delivery quantity

Pack 5 items

Post Goods Issue the delivery.

Is there are requirement/routine than can be run at time of PGI that checks TAQ delivery quantity is the same as TAE delivery quantity. If quanities are not the same, show hard error and message do not allow PGI to complete.

Thank you

Tony Romain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u save the Sales Order Default the VBAP -KZTLF with " C" for the item category. See whether you can have control over the delivery quantity.

Regards,

tony_romain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried setting that field in the sale order this morning. By defaulting it to "C"; I was able to get warning message for TAE line. I was able to post goods with TAE and TAQ, being different quantities. I need the check to determine if TAE and TAQ delivery quantity are different. Using this fields seems to be line specific. Thanks for the suggestion. I now know what that field does to the delivery.

I rewarded points.

Thanks,

Tony

Answers (0)