cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Am I right to say that Purchase Requisition and Purchase order are part of MM since purchasing organization is part of MM?

So, is it right to say that 3rd party sales is a SD + MM process based on the above?

Is it that by using item category TAS, a normal sales order of doc type OR will automatically create a Purchase requisition?

I read that PR will be created when order is saved. I wonder how does this come about? standard behavior?

Can I also say that 3rd party sales is similar to Stock Transfer Order process since Vendor , PR , PO are involved ?

regards

M Russo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am I right to say that Purchase Requisition and Purchase order are part of MM since purchasing organization is part of MM?

This is correct.

So, is it right to say that 3rd party sales is a SD + MM process based on the above?

This is correct.

Is it that by using item category TAS, a normal sales order of doc type OR will automatically create a Purchase requisition

Yes this is correct.

I read that PR will be created when order is saved. I wonder how does this come about? standard behavior?

The PR is created based on the third party schedule line category configuration. Check in t.code VOV6. Here in the third party schedule line category, the purchase req type is added. By standard, based on this settings, system automatically creates the purchase req in background.

Can I also say that 3rd party sales is similar to Stock Transfer Order process since Vendor , PR , PO are involved ?

No, in stock transfer order, you are moving stock from one plant to other, where as in third party the goods are sent to the customer.

Regards,

Answers (0)