cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding CUP configuaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are configuring CUP and I have configured LDAP for the authentication and performed field mappings so that we can use employee id as the login id for user request's and it is working fine.

But now I have a peculiar scenario, the first scenario is valid for only one domain but for other domain they use a different field for login i.e. personal id field which is unique for each user but is also different from employee id.

Is there anyway to map it such that CUP can use either of these for users to create requests.

Is it even possible in CUP 5.3.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding your scenario is that in LDAP1 user login with field 1 and password and in LDAP2 user login with field 2 and password. Please correct if this understanding is not correct.

You can authenticate from 2 different LDAPs and for different fields used for login you can configure LDAP mapping. while configuring LDAP mapping you can map user ID field there. which can be mapped differently for different LDAP.

I hope this will help you in achieving the same.

Thanks,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for the reply.

We will be using systems from diff business orgs. where each of them have been configured with different methods to login to SAP i.e. in 1 business org.employee id and in the other one personal id where both are unique and present in LDAP.

we are using only 1 LDAP but user login with field 1 and i am not using authentication so no passwd .user login with field 2 and similarly no passwd here for different business orgs.

but in field mapping looks like 1 value is taken as primary key and we can't map 2 diff fields to be displayed at login of CUP page.

I hope this makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try with one work around that you create 2 different connector for the same LDAP and try to configure mapping as i suggested you in my last reply. That should help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as I was saying earlier how can we define field mappings to take 2 different values as the screen shows only one field as Primary i.e. User id.

That is where my problem is

Former Member
0 Kudos

On screen you can just have one field however the same field will work for both of the users as you have implemented by creating 2 connectors and then multiple LDAP authentication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks will try and get back soon.

Also i am trying to create a connector to backend in CUP

Installed RTA plugin.I created commn. user in backend SAP ecc 5.0 system,added all default roles to the user,SP24.

Then created connector in CUP and gave all details and it is giving connection failed when i tried to test connection.

The below is the system log.what am i missing as i have created connectors for LDAP,other ECC 6.0 backend systems and all of them are working fine.

2011-03-15 17:46:10,659 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG AEFrameworkServlet.java@542:logRequest() : -- End Request dump for Action Path is CFG.cnvConfigSystemLog.scrConfigSystemLog.loadConfigSystemLogSearch

2011-03-15 17:46:10,660 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG NavigationEngine.java@85:execute() : Current Module: |CFG| Conversation: |cnvConnectors| Screen: |scrLeftNav|

2011-03-15 17:46:10,660 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG NavigationEngine.java@105:execute() : Module#CFG#Conversation#cnvConfigSystemLog#Screen#scrConfigSystemLog#Action#loadConfigSystemLogSearch#

2011-03-15 17:46:10,660 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG NavigationEngine.java@205:execute() : Changing Conversation: FROM: cnvConnectors TO cnvConfigSystemLog

2011-03-15 17:46:10,661 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG Context.java@259:clearConversationRep() : INTO the method

2011-03-15 17:46:10,661 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG NavigationEngine.java@261:execute() : Handler found:class com.virsa.ae.actions.SuccessAction

2011-03-15 17:46:10,662 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG NavigationEngine.java@272:execute() : Target returned by execute action: success

2011-03-15 17:46:10,662 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_22] DEBUG AEFrameworkServlet.java@458:service() : forwarding to:/aelog.jsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to use the connector now it was basically because i didn't add the entry to the etc/services file.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no actual solution as discussed earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have only one search system and authentication system... you can try searching for them with fist name last name.. as i think it might pull in the details from one of the details source...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmaya that would be real helpful but on the login page i.e. https://<host>:50001/AE/index.jsp, where the user's would be able to place request like lock acct,unlock,change etc it is asking for employee id .how can I ask CUP to ask for first name ,last name . I assumed the key field is the User ID field from AC but not other fields I could be totally wrong.

Am i missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you are probably right, I dont have a scenario like ths to test this out. But one the cup page when you are requesting for access.. click on link and choose the other user option. In that page try to search for a user by name and see if it can get any details, as there is only one search system.. I am hoping maybe it will search by name and being in other details from teh back end from the systems defined in the details data source.

Regards,

Chinmaya