cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Note 1142544

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have read through note 1142544 - Linking ERP and ES Vendor for ERP Internal Numbering.

This note seems to be suiting the requirements for my customer. But has anyone used this note before?

This note is meant for such cases where we want to use account group with internal numbering for vendor master, but also use vendor registration functionality in E-Sourcing. The constraint for Vendor registration functionality is that we can only create a vendor with external number range in ECC and this note is meant to overcome that contraint.

The procedure given in this note is that once the registration is completed in E-Sourcing and vendor is created in E-Sourcing, we should also create the vendor in ECC manually using account group with internal number range and link these 2 together. There is a text type ZESI in ECC vendor master that should have the vendor number from E-Sourcing and some manual changes are needed in the PI interface. After this - if we replicate the vendor from ECC - it will replace the external id field in E-Sourcing vendor with the ECC vendor code.

My question is - when we replicate the vendor from ECC and it replaces the External id field in E-Sourcing with ECC vendor code - would it also overwrite the other fields like address etc.?

Regards,

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is real time synch and ERP is the triggering point or you can say ERP is the parent vendor data system. When we transfer vendor data from ERP to ESO it will create Supplier records with the ERP data, and the moments we change the ERP vendor data (any data which is in synch with ESO via XI) will get updated automatically. We can map any data field from ERP to ESO provided there is field to field mapping between 2 systems via XI.

Regards

0 Kudos

Srivatsan,

In short, the answer to your question is yes.

All fields that are mapped will be updated with the values coming from ECC as that is the system of record.

Regards,

Alan