Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Planned Independent Requirements

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning production for rolling 4 months using the sales orders and quotations in APO DP. The quotations and backlog are collected from the R/3 (ECC 6.0)system in APO. The backlog and quotation are distributed to each month based on the rated capacity of each product group for the respective month.

The distributed quantity is transferred to ECC for creating Planned Independent requirements for next 4 months to trigger the production plan. The same procedure repeated every month as rolling 4 monthly plan.

When I do the same for next month, the quanity distribution for backlog and quotation will be done to the rolling 4 months. My concern here is, most of the sales orders and quotations might have already included during the previous month planning. If I do the plan again and send the distributed quantity to ECC system, the PIRs will be duplicated for most of the sales orders and quotations. Because PIR might have already been created for most of the sales orders.

How can I avoid this duplication situation.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murugesan

I dont understand your question properly but let me try to give you an answer based on what little i understood. You say you release the forecast from DP to R/3 for 4 months (rolling) and you are concerned about duplication . Let me ask you this - do you cleanup the forecasts in R/3 before releasing the forecast from DP.

We use the transaction MD74 in R/3 to completely wipe out the forecasts in R/3 and then release the forecast from DP to R/3. But as Rishi has mentioned you will have a problem if you have PIR's created by some other means apart from DP to R/3 releases. In our case since the only source for R/3 PIR's is APO DP we dont face a problem with the approach of wiping out the VSF's and releasing them again from DP

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murugesan

Set up your planning strategy so that forecasts are consumed (i.e., reduced) by Sales Orders (in ECC or APO or both depending on where you do supply planning).

Rishi Menon

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Menon,

The planning startegy is already set to consume forecast by sales orders. Example there was a sales order for 100 for next month. When I plan for the current month the sales order with quantity 100 for the next month also included and PIR is created for quantity 100 in ECC system from APO transfer based on the planning. When I plan for the next month, the same sales order will be again included in the planning. It will create one more PIR for again 100. So this PIR with quantity 100 is a duplication.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murugesan

In what buckets do you create forecasts in DP ? (Week/ Month ?) If you release the DP forecast again to ECC, the existing PIR's should get overwritten - that is it will be replaced instead of being added to (as long as its the same bucket).

Also, are you manually creating PIR's manually in ECC or are all PIR's created as release from DP ?

Rishi