cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial numbers assigned to booked stock but irrelevant at goods issue point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me get a better understanding of material serial numbers?

I am exploring this area using SAP standard configuration:

i) I have created a material that that has assigned to it serial number profile 0001 which includes:

a. SDAU Serial numbers in SD order 01 (No)

b. SDCC Completeness check for delivery 03 (Mandatory)

c. SDLS Maintain delivery 02 (Optional)

ii) I have used MIGO to place 2 items in stock (GR 561 u2013 initial stock balance) and as expected the serial number tab opened up and I assigned 2 unique serial numbers to each of my pieces of stock: Serial_Test_1 & Serial_Test_2

iii) I then created a sales order (OR) for one item and again as expected, the item was scheduled for immediate delivery from stock without reference to the relevant serial number

iv) The problem was that I then managed to create a delivery and pick it without being prompted for a serial number (mandatory completeness check?)

v) I then went back into the delivery and assigned a serial number via Item u2013 Serial Numbers but it let me input and serial number that wasnu2019t associated with any item I had in stock (e.g. Serial_Test_3) which I then PGIu2019d!

vi) Going back to my stock overview, I now only had 1 item (good) but both serial numbers were present (bad .. I think)?

Am I missing something here? Is there a prerequisite action I must take to get the system to insist on a particular stock item to be specified before it can be issued and that the stock overview will only show serial numbers for items that are in stock? My system at present appears corrupt to me as I only have one item in stock but 2 serial number?

Any help or insight much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You posted qty 2 with serial number's

Now you have stock of 2 qty with serial number

when you do delivery, you have to assign serial number which is already in stock.then it will show status properly

Remain qty 1 and 1 serail number.

Kapil

Answers (0)