cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode in a BSP Smartform Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a new BSP page for showing the material/batch details in a smartform.

Now i want to convert these details into barcodes & 2D-codes while displaying the smartform in bsp page.

I have used the bar code character formats provided by sap to display the details in the smartform as barcode & 2D code.

This program works fine if i run it in normal ABAP Editor i.e. SE38.

Now when i create a BSP page and call the smartform from the IE (Internet Explorer), it does not convert the details into barcode & 2D code, it just simply shows the details in text format only.

Can anyone please help me out to display the details in barcode format instead of normal text format?

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the barcode, did you create it with the new barcode technology in transaction SE73 as described in SAp note #645158? The PDF417 type barcode is a 2D barcode. If you use this type of barcode, it should work if you display the smartform as PDF.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aidan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am new to ABAP, so dont know how to convert the smartform into PDF and display it in a web page.

Can you please guide me with this?

Thanks,

Praveen

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you call the smartform fuction module, you can retrieve OTF spool data via parameter JOB_OUTPUT_INFO-OTFDATA . You can convert this OTF data to PDF via function module CONVERT_OTF.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for the quick response.

My query is resolved now.

Thanks to you & SDN.

Regards,

Praveen