cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS PP Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any possiblity of using SAP DMS for PP Module, As far as my knowlege, there is no object link for PP module other than production order.

Is it possible to upload material design for all materials, since we have material master in the object link. My PP users are urging me to upload material design.

since my client has huge number of materials, suggest me on this issue.

Regards

Poonguntran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

Did you find any solution for your issue? I am looking for a solution to a similar issue where I need to attach documents to the material master, which gets pulled into the production order and needs to be printed automatically along with the production order.

For the first part of my issue (attach documents to the material master, which gets pulled into the production order) Tcode: CV01n might give a solution.

For the second part (linked documents needs printed automatically along with the production order) don't think there is any solution yet. I am trying to find one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

DMS caters to management of digital assets that are often edited/undergo changes typically observed in MM and PP modules in SAP.Hence,true in your case(assuming material design docs are often edited).Standard PP objects that be linked with DMS are production resource/tool,PPE node,PPE variant,BOM Header,BoM item,material BoM.MM objects include contract handling doc,purchase req. item,vendor,material master,plant material etc.

For other modules like FI,HR etc wherein the assets/docs are more static in nature,Archivelink is a more suitable solution.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar