cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS and EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Is there any limitations in EasyDms on how many documents can be stored in a structure or how many structures you can have.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further,to avoid performance issues, ensure that only a small number of documents are in one folder at each hierarchy level. If you have several documents in one folder, define direct ACLs for this folder and ensure they are not inherited.

If there is the existence of a large document structure with inheritance, then the performance will slow down when displaying the folders with many documents at lower levels of the structure.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again

If you do not use "inherite" how can you then in an easy way add meta data to the document?

We have a rater small company, if this is a problem with no simple solutions, what are the big companies

using, is there a 3 party solutions or add-ons

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maplan,

there is no limitation, but EasyDMS gets quite slow, if you have more than about 500 documents in one folder.

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this was helpfull, but one more question:

500 documents in a folder you say, but is then the same limitation as for the amount of folder the same, 500 ???

If this is the case what is yur suggestion to get by this problem?

Thanks and I will give you the points for your answer

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maplan,

folders and documents are the same in dms. You CAN use as many of them in one hierachy as you want. I have a folder with a little over 1000 documents and it takes about 30 seconds to load in EasyDMS 7.1. So there is no problem if you spend anough time when waiting for response.

Ok?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again

Does this mean that every time you want to store a single document, i.e. a mail (100+ a day)

you will have to wait 30 seconds and the same when you want to find one ?

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maplan,

how do you want to save the email? "save as..." in outook? Perhaps someone could create an outlook addin for an automatic upload. It's not to difficult to create directories programmatically and the users don't have to select a folder. Your structure might be /year/month/day/ and then there are just 100 documents.

For retrieving a document I would prefer the search (which is fast) and not the "browsing" through directories.

regards

Daniel

P.S.: Is there anyone out there, who has seen such a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no limitation, but EasyDMS gets quite slow, if you have more than about 500 documents in one folder.

This issue,to an extent,can be addressed by implementing note 1386897 for optimizing the performance.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no limitation