Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5 admin personalisation

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

recently, we've upgraded from cProjects 4.5 to PPM/cProjects 5.0. In cProjects 4.5 we've done admin personalisation to hide some fields and buttons (ad project level) of the WDA-UI for all users using parameter sap-config-mode=X.

We're running PPM 5 using NWBC for HTML. Unfortunately I don't know how to do the admin personalisation because I don't know the WDA-application to start using sap-config-mode=X.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Wolfgang Brunneder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the WDA application for the project details in 5.0 is "cprojects_fpm" (in package DEVELOPMENT_PROJECTS_UI_WD). For configuration, you have to pass a GUID.

Proceed like this: Open a project, press button "Add To Favorites u2013 Add To Browser Favorites", there you can copy the URL for NWBC for HTML. Such an URL looks like this (add "&sap-config-mode=x" at the end):

http://....:50018/nwbc/~canvas;window=app/wda/cprojects_fpm/?sap-client=002<(>&<)>STARTVIEW=Projects...

consisting of...

http://<server>:<port>/nwbc/~canvas;window=app/wda/cprojects_fpm/?sap-client=002

&STARTVIEW=Projects

&OBJ_EVENT=DPO[Project GUID][again Project GUID]DPO

&DetailView=DPO

&sap-wd-configid=CPROJECTS_FPM

&EDITMODE=display

&sap-config-mode=X

Kind regards,

Florian

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thanks for your hint! That's what i was looking for ...

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Were you able to use Launchpad roles for cProjects. There is a single role CPROJECTS

which i copied with a Z Configuration

But the configuration did not work, I even tried mapping DPR_PROJECT portal role in Define Object Context for Navigation

But it doesnt work either.

Next i ll try to check with PFCG role modifying the portal role with a Z role.

Florian:

Any inputs on this one?

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian / Wolfgang,

I am trying to re-order tabs as described, but running into some issues. I do understand that the order of common tabs (basic data, additional data, object links etc) do have some dependencies. Here's an example of what I am trying to do.

Phase Level - Basic Data | Dates and Work | Additional Data | Object Links | Tasks | Approvals | <rest of tabs>

Task Level - Basic Data | Dates and Work | Additional Data | Object Links | Subtasks | Relationships | Roles | <rest of tabs>

The issue I am facing is if i setup the phase in the above manner, it resets task level to the default order and vice versa. Has any of you experienced this or I am missing something. I am right clicking on tabstrip -->settings for current configuration --> re-sort.

Thanks,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niranjan, I have not tried this myself but did you try Define Related Object Context for Navigation?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Florian and Wlofgang,

Greetings !!

We have a requirement where we need to navigate to Task directly by  passing dynamic parameters ( project, phase and task id ) URL. Based on your above reply we can navigate to Project by passing project guid but not able to navigate to task.

Could you please share your inputs on this. We are actually using portal instead of NWBC. Your above idea  helped us in embedding in portal url successfully  but couldn't succeed in task .

Best Regards,

Siva Prasad

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

you are welcome

I have also enhanced SAP Note 1574818 accordingly.

Kind regards,

Florian

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

start transaction PFCG, open your PFCG role with NWBC navigation menu defined (standard delivery is SAP_BRP_PPM).

Goto tab "menu", expand the structure, select the node for the dashboard you want to configure. Right mouse click, choose optioin "Details" -> pop-up appears. In the pop-up, choose button "Execute" - "Customizing/Configuration".

In general, please see also:

SAP Note 1574818 describes what to do if you want to copy/change/create FPM configurations (Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP) for SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian

Great - it works! Thank you very much for your answer!

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

do you know whether a possibility exist to use the sap-config-mode in the dashboard (PPM 5.0)?

I would like to adjust the number of visible rows and set Initial Views for all users.

-Thanks!

Best regards,

Christoph

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

yes, you are right , there can only be one order of tabs for all project elements. It is not possible to

define e.g. diffferent orders of tabs for phases and tasks. This is due to the fact that technically,

for all project elements the same tabs (UI components/views) are being used.

Kind regards,

Florian

PS: For any further questions/ issue, please open a new thread as this (initial) one is answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian