cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service interface with 2 operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a service interface with 2 operations...

so i have 2 operation mappipngs..

but when i create the interface determaination....it shows only one mapping...

should i create 2 interface determaitions????one for each opeartion??

if yes what should be the sender interface in that case while creting the interface determination..as it is not coming in the F4 help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the same sender component and receiver component, you must define only one interface determination.

In the same interface determination you can define several operation mapping.

If you want to execute two interfaces, don't introduce any condition.

If one of your operation mapping doesn't appears , probable doesn't have the rigth conditions.

Check if your interface (in Config) corresponds to source operation (in Enterprise Service Builder).

Regards,

Carme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

i have only one sender interface and one receiver interface

but both of them have 2 operations..create and search...

when i create the interface determaination

it shows up only one operation mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

-- Create one outbound service interface with mutiple operatiosn name on left hand side.

-- Create One Inbound service interface with mutiple operations on left side.

-- create two operation mappings..

-- while creating operation mapping drag and drop the outbound service interface on sender side and it will show you 2 opetions select one and same case while adding receiver service interface on operation mapping.

repeat the procedure for second operation mapping also.

-- now when you create interface determination on ID side you see two operations on left hand side of interface determination object select first and assign respected operation mapping then select second and assign second operation mapping..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the interface determination select the software component version to which the interface belongs to and then it will show allow you to select the operations for which you want to define the mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is in terms of PI 7.1 where 1 service interface can have multiple operations...

so i have 2 operations and 2 operation mappings..

how do i create interface determaiton for themm....2 interface determiantion ...one for each opeartion ???

or specify both the Ooperation mappin in one interaface dsetermainatiojn

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For PI 7.1 we can have multiple operations on the same service interface. you dont need two operation mapping. Have you seen this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1571?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not too sure what you mean by operation mapping. if you mean message mapping, in the interface mapping, you can create two entries under mapping programs. Hope it helps