cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic calculation of quality parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Inspecton lot is generated due to 04 inspection type active. In qa32, I go to results recording , I can see results of 2 MICs to be entered. First MIC is 'temperature in degree Fahrenheit', second is 'Temperature in degree Centigrade'.

I want to enter first MIC and system has to calculate second MIC on its own based on degree centigrade and degree Fahrenhiet relationship. How can this be achieved?

Kindly guide..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you know the conversion

Tc = (5/9)*(Tf-32)

Tc = temperature in degrees Celsius,

Tf = temperature in degrees Fahrenheit

Select of 2nd char/MIC--> Quantitative char/MIC >Go to control indicator>single RR & fixed scope --->click on next ->last Control indicator is "FORMULA"->click on "Calc Char"----

>

Now use this MIC in Task list->go to Quantitative Data->formula

Enter formula here !!

( 5/ 9) * ( C010-32)

here I presume that first char/MIC is degrees Fahrenheit & you are calculating second char/MIC degrees Celsius........

For vice versa update the formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you say. Thanks for your inputs.

I went to quantitative tab but could not find any field where I can enter formula.

Kindly help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to be there.....You have to go to overview/"Qunat Data" of MIC or char " 2"

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

click the control indicators

a screen will appear with type, sample, and results confirmation

Enter again

now a screen with insp scope, miscellaneous , print, and formula will appear

in this screen in formula select calc charac

Then enter

Now you should enter the mandatory formula ie.., from deg cel to F or F to deg Cel

Save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create two MICs. Ex, Temp_F and Temp_C. Now in Temp_C check 'Calculated char" box.

Now While creating task list, when you enter Temp_C in insp plan, system automatically asks for formula, put the required formula Temp_C=(5*(Temp_F-32)/9)

VERY IMPORTANT: You must put Temp_C char before Temp_F in plan. ie, if Temp_C chat no. is 30 in plan, Temp_F should be either 10 or 20.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP help about calculated characteristic.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/351ee6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/351ee6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Regards

Luke