SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM BCS - PRs and POs Reconstruction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are implementing FM-BCS module. We are trying to Reconstruct PRs and POs which were created before FM go-live date.

For PRs by executing the T.Code FMN3N we are reconstructed. But we observed in FMIOI table entries two line items are generated. The same amount is getting reversed in this table. It means PR commitment was reversed.

We are tying to reconstruct the Purchase Order by executing the t.code FMN4N, we are not able genarete any line items . I have check the log also no entreis . The same was checked in FMIOI table by giving the input as Purchase Order there is no entries in this table also.

Please suggest why Purchase Order entries are not reflecting in FMIOI table and also not able to reconstruct the PO line items by executing the FMN4N.

Thanks in advance

Rao

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMN3N: please, specify what you meant by 'reversed' commtiment. What are the amount types of the lines generated? Could be that what you see as 'reversal' is actually the consumption of the commitment, i.e. 0100 and 0200 amount types

FMN4N: Check the FM assignment of the PO. If it's relevant for creation of FM entry (commitment item is of correct category). If yes, and still no entry is generated, the only way is to debug. If it's not possbile for you, then you'd better open OSS message, but only after you verified that this PO is eligible for FM treatment.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the quick support as always...

Please find my observation on the below points:

FMN3N: PR was reconstructed by using FMN3N and two line items are generated in FMIOI table. Those line items are having "Amount type 0100 and 0200", Reference Transaction "PREQ". And also relevant fund center and commitmen items are updated to each line item in the table level.

FMN4N: I am trying to Reconstruction the P.O thru T.Code FMN4N. The Purchase Order doesn't have any Fund center and commitment item (FM Account assignments ), since this Purchase Order has created before FM activation. Now I am not able to update P.O Reconstuction line items thru FMN4N. If I update Fund center and commitment items (FM Account Assignments) in P.O (ME22n) I am able to generate Reconstuction line items and line items are updated in FMIOI table.

But my question is we may not give fund center and commitment items for all the old Purchase orders, these are created before FM activation. Without FM account assignement when we reconstruct the Purchase Requisition the system itself updating the FM Account assignment objects in table level (FMIOI). But it is not being happened in Reconstruction Purchase Order process.

Please suggest...

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Those line items are having "Amount type 0100 and 0200"' Amount type 200 means that this item(or part) are closed. So PO created on basis on this PR, or block indicator is set, or indicator closed is set.

'FMN4N' - try to debug program RFFMRP02N, if you've done what Eli said before

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex

Thanks for the information, still I have some doubts.

The Purchase Order does not have any FM account assignments objects (these are old P.Os). If I update manually Fund center and commitment items (FM Account Assignments) in P.O (thru ME22n), I am able to generate Reconstuction line items and these line items are updated in FMIOI table.

We may not give fund center and commitment items for all the old Purchase orders, these are created before FM activation. But my question is *Without FM account assignement objects (fund center and commitment item) when we reconstruct the Purchase Requisitions the system itself updating the FM Account assignment objects in table level (FMIOI) and line items are created. But it is not being happened in Reconstruction of Purchase Order process.*

Please suggest the way, how to reconstruct the Purchase Order line items and updating the same in table FMIOI without maitain FM Account assignment objects in Purchase Order. Because we are having 268 old Purchase Orders (these are created before FM activation).

Thanks

Rao

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reconstruction of FM documents, FMN4N for example, makes sense only if FM assigment is maintained in the relevant document, i.e. PO. Otherwise, the system wouldn't know what FM address should it put. I believe, in PR you have FM assignment, don't you?

0100 and 0200 mean that the commitment of PR is not 'reversed', but consumed (either by another commitment or by actuals).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the immediate reply. I would like to inform you the below points:

1) PR is created without account assignment (Created before FM activation), eventhough also Reconstruction line items are generated in table FMIOI.

2) Against this PR, PO was created without account assignment (Before FM activation). If I update manually fund center and commitment item in P.O by using the change mode (me22n), Reconstruction line items are updating in table. There is no issue. But It is practically not possbile to update manually for all the old P.Os (Existed before FM activation).

when we reconstruct the Purchase Requisition the system itself updating the FM Account assignment objects in table level automatically (FMIOI) (without maintain FM account assignment objects). But it is not being happened in Reconstruction of Purchase Order process.

As per your suggestion We done debugging in the program RFFMRP02N and found system checking the field XOBLR status as 'X'. If it is blank PO reconstruction line items will not be generated.

Please advice.

Thanks

Rao

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look at the PR FM assignment after the reconstruction, do you have the data in there?

XOBLR belongs to EBAN table, if I'm not mistaken, i.e. PRs, so what is the connection to POs?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as far as I remember EKPO-XOBLR updated from CO area.

And in PO checks via function ME_ACCOUNTING_CHECK.

But may be it could be updated from item category,eg for U commitment wouldn't update

By the way, check OF39 for VT 51, maybe it updates from Posting date which in year when FM wasn't active

Edited by: alex ice on Mar 14, 2011 2:05 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as I remember EKPO-XOBLR updated from CO area

Yes, that's my impression as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your valuable Support,

1) PR Reconstruction line items are generated (without maintaining FM Account assignments i.e Fund center and Commitment item) and also correct Reconstruction line items (with fund center and commitment item) are updated in FMIOI table.

2) XOBLR field (Item affects commitments) pertains to table EKPO. While doing the debugging the program RFFMRP02N we have found this field play key role.

3) As per your suggestion, we have done debugging the program RFFMRP02N and found if this field updated with X (Affects commitments 'Yes' or 'No') then PO Reconstruction line items will be generated and also line items will be updated in FMIOI table.

4) Whenever PO creates with Fund center and commitment item only this field XOBLR updated with 'X' (yes) in EKPO table. Otherwise it could be blank only.

Thanks for your valuable information.

Regards

Rao