cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Pur Org in SRM like ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario .

We are using Central Pur. Org in ECC, where diff Plants (of diff company code) will be assgined to respetive Pur. Org and NO any Pur. Org assigned to Company Code.

But in SRM what I saw/learnt that we first create Root Node and then Comapny Code and then assign Pur Org to company code.

So how above Central Pur. Org can be achived in SRM ?

Thanks

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

You are right that in SRM we cannot achieve the central purchase orgainzation like MM. But, you can follow a kind of workaround as below.

Say, You have two purchase orgainzations 1 and 2 under company A.

Similarly, Another company B has purchase organization 3.

Now, you can make purchase orgainzation 3 responsible for purchase organization 1 and 2 as well.

How to achieve that:

Create a purchasing group under Purchase Organization 3 and assign the org units for purchase orgainzation 1 and 2 as well in the responsibilities tab. In this way, the buyers of the purchasing group can do buying for Purchasing org 1 and 2 as well.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ranjan.

But our scene is quite different.

We have 5 Pur. Org ( 1000,2000,3000,4000 & 5000) and 2 Company Code 3113 & 3110. These 5 pur. Org responsible for these 2 Cocd.

How these can map in SRM Org Structure ?

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

Your scenario: Your company have 5 purchase organizations 1000,2000,3000,4000 and 5000 and none of them assigned to any of your two company code 3113 & 3110. i.e. all of your 5 purchase organizations are like so called central purchase organizations.

Since SRM does not support central purchase organization, you can follow below workaround:

Create a dummy company code in your org structure. Assign your purchase organizations 1000,2000,3000,4000 and 5000 to your dummy company code. Create a purchasing group under each of your purchase organization.

Now, in the responsibilities of each purchasing group of your purchase organizations, you can assign org unit corresponding to your company code 3113 & 3110 or local purchase organization under them.

I hope, it will help you to proceed further.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Buddy.

How Comapny Code will be determined ?

What will be significance of Comany code mapping in Org structure by in FUNCTION tab page ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

Dummy company code will be local company code. Here, you donot need to map this company code to backend company code.

I donot have access to any system to test the scenario. Could you please check if the user while creating say, a shopping cart can access value help for purchase organization to select any of the purchase organization under your company code? If it allows, based on your purchase organization selection, your company code will be determined.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

In S/C we can display/select Pur. Org. ! System determines Pur. Grp and hence system determine Pur Org subseqintly.

There is one Attribute BUK ( Company Code), I think we can add the relevent company code values and set one default select in Attrtrubute of User or Org. And in S/C in Item data tab page there is Comapny Code field , here defalu set appears here, but you can change to another in dropdown ( in dropdown , the assigned Comany code for atrtrubute BUK apears only !)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Another issue :

Our Group have 15 Company codes in ECC system and 5 Pur. Org. responsible for all these 8 Company codes ( i.e. Central Pur. Org) and every User work in multiple Company codes.

I hope by creating Org structure like below above secarion can be handled (assuming that we can use Attribute Company Code BUK to use Multiple Company Code,(since every User work in multiple Cocds)

1. Create XYZ Group Pvt Ltd as a Root Organization.

2. Immidiatly assign all 15 Company codes to Root Org .

3. But assigning all 5 Pur. Org to the mostly used Company code 1000 only

4. Assign Pur. Grp to respetive Pur. Org

5. Assign respective Users to respetive Pur.Grp

So all together ,all Pur. Org, Pur. Grp and ALL USERS will be assigned to the Company Code 1000 ONL.

And other 14 Company Codes will NOT have anything assigned .

Any one can suggest, whether it will be work or not ?

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any news on this please ?