cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If PI server is down , can we capture it in a proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

mine is a proxy to PI to File scenerio. Currently we have a requirement . SAP will send some data to PI using proxy, and if PI is down then a z table in SAP ECC gets checked with a flag status.

The issue is , if PI is down , Pi cannot send any such ack error , etc, however is there any work around code possible at proxy end that can be written , so that it checks PI server port , and revert back with a status, and that status is checked in the proxy, and the flag status is changed.

Is it possible. I can wash of my hands sayin this requirement is NOT feasible, but was just wonderin , if any work around can satisfy the requirement .

P.S. Idocs cannot be used in this case'.

Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Coding at proxy was done by abaper to handdle it, however thanks to all !

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

>mine is a proxy to PI to File scenerio

Very good, this is aysnchronous, just make use of queues.

Dont care if PI is down, the message will stuck by standard in a queue. ERP tries 30 times with a interval of 5 minutes to reschedule the message before it will come to an error. You can change the queue behaviours in transaction SMQR.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can catch the exception in the Catch Block of the proxy call ..in case proxy call cannot be made to PI...(some RFc destination error or PI server not reachable....)

Keep your logic in catch block...as per your requirement..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you have Proxy sender scenario by using SAP PI and suppose PI system is down then you get exception error in your proxy.

Time expired message after standard proxy time expired setting

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can catch an application fault and the message description should give u some indication to if the server is not reachable.