cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning PR document type to PO document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

This is the scenario, I have multiple PR doc types each corresponding to a PO.

PR document types:

NB - standard

Z1 - internal1

Z1 - internal2

PO document types:

NB - standard

Z1 - internal1

Z1 - internal2

Objective: all Z1 POs should be reference to Z1 PRs.

Can SAP automatically assign/restrict the document type of PO based on PR document type? How?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) path: In SPRO->MM->Purchasing->Define Default Values for Document type for the tcode ME21N you can set the default document type.

2) while creating po In PO personal settings from the tab default values also can set the default document type.

3) You can maintain the document type combination in SPRO-MM-Purchasing-PR/PO-Document types

Here, maintain required document type combination

When you will try to create PO with ref to PR document type say Z, system will throw error message if you select wrong PO document type

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailas,

Thank you for the reply.

Some clarifications

(1 & 2) These will work if the user processes only one of the Document Type. In my case the user has authority to process all document types. Is there way that SAP automatically adjusts the document type in the PO based on the reference PR doc type?

(3) Got this! Thanks.

Regards,

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure it will work or not

but check following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/content.htm]

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I found how to restrict it already (SPRO-MM-Purch-Purchase Order-Define Doc Type)

.selected the document type and clicked Link purchase req - document type

.only removed all other PR reference and left Z1

Am still looking for if/how SAP will automatically determine the PO doc type upon reference to PR.

Thank you