cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM Workflow-Adding Adhoc (Manual) Approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When manual approvers added to the document, Manual approver is receiving the work item every time after the Automatic approver approves the document.

For example a contract document needs to be approved by 6 approvers automatically.

When a Manual approver added by the user , the Manual approver receives the workitem every time after an autoapprover approves the document. In this case the manual approver is receving the workitem 6 times.

Please let us know how to ensure that the manual approver receives work item only once.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways of handling this:

1. If the Owner feels that the role of the manual approver is complete for that Master Agreement (MA), he / she can go into the Header tab and delete the corresponding manual approver from the Collaborators section by clicking on the delete button

2. If the manual approver is still required to be available on the MA but not needed for receving any system generated notifications, then the owner or any of the other collaborators with Read / Write permissions can check the "Do Not Send Collaborator Alerts or Notices" chckbox. This will prevent any emails to be sent to that manual approver.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

The options given by you will not work as some one needs to monitor the document.Apart that workitem prevention is more important going to manual approver repeatedly .

Thanks

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

So your senerio is like you have deleveoped XPDL with say 6 levels (assuming 6 approvers are there).

If a user adds a manual (that is Adhoc Approver). then the manual user is getting the workitem after every Automatic approver approves.

In that case, I think you must have coded in XPDL in every level, to check if a manual approver is added. If yes than you send for approval.

U need to check if that manual approver is being added already earlier.

Check your logic in XPDL. If you want you can send XPDL to me.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

We did not include any logic for manual approver .As suggested i forwarded the XPDL file.Please suggest what needs to be done.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

So Approval process to work in ESO/CLM, there has to have a logic to add the approver.

If you are saying that :

1. You have not added any workflow defination to a phase of Doc.

2. You add a collaborator with role as Approver

3. change the phase to any phase

This trigers Workflow to that user ??

I dont think so.

Just to be sure I checked in my system also. Its not like that.

Until unless you attach workflow defination to a phase in Doc, document will not get locked and go for approval.

Please verify the same at your end.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

Workflow definition was assigned to the phase staus for waiting for approval. This is for triggeting the approvers as per the logic in XPDL.

Say for example, XPDL determines, 3 approvers.

1.Document owner manager

2. Business unit manager

3. Legal Manager.

Now user wants one more approver say Finance Manager to be added.he will add finance manager as approver in collaborator list.

Now after each and every automatic approver , goes to Finance Manager .

Hope i could explain the issue clearly.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please try this:

1. Remove the workflow defination from the phase defination.

2. add a colaborator in the doc. with Approver role

3. change the phase of the doc to the phase which used to trigger the WF.

I am sure no workflow will get triggered and the person added in collaborator will not get workitem to approve.

This will ensure that there is a issue with the XPDL only.

Then add messages at the start and end of each step in XPDL. Connect this XPDL -> Workflow Defination -> Phase Config

Trigger the WF and check the log.

Hope this will help to solve ur issue.

Vaibhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Kindly let us know what do you mean by Automatic approver ??

For approvals the approver are added thru workflow (XPDL).

Kindly describe what you have done and where r u stuck.

Regards,

vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

Thanks for your quick response. Automatic approver means approver added by XPDL .

When ever manual approver is added by the owner of the document,work item is going to the manual approver inbox each time after the Approver added by XPDL approves the document.

Please let me know how to prevent this .

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.