cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong host name on ICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Pi installation that communicate with a SAP R3 server. I did change my SAP R3 server hostname. Now my I problem on SMQ2 with my queu.

I get this Error

Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 400, error text: M_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED) From ICM Trace File (dev_icm)

I get this error From ICM Trace File (dev_icm)

[Thr 3440] *** ERROR => NiBufIConnect: non-buffered connect pending after 5000ms (hdl 7;sapux9.dlg.dk:8016) [nibuf.cpp 4611]

[Thr 3440] *** WARNING => Connection request from (17/117/0) to host: sapux9.dlg.dk, service: 8016 failed (NIECONN_REFUSED)

I find on

smicm -> GOTO -> Host name Buffer -> Display

Under ICM Host name Buffer I have a list of IP adress and Hostnam.

One af this host name is wrong any idea where can I change this host name.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That display is a list of buffered hosts and their ip addresses that at some point you communicated with. The name can't be wrong, it is just a name. If you no longer communicate with the old name, it will go away when you recycle, but it will not hurt anything. If you mean the ip is wrong and does not match the name anymore then what you want to do is reset the buffer. You can do that in sm51, do "go to" --> hostname buffer --> reset --> entire system. Anytime any of the remote systems change ip's it is a good idea to do this.

If you moved the remote sytem to a different server, then you may need to update rfcs or other configuration that points to the remote system to use the new servername.

you could also check sm54 and sm55 incase you defined any servers there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fett Patrick,

Thanks for reply, My problem is My Pi installation had communicate remote with hostname sapux9 now we wante to use another server sapux24. I did update rfcs with new hostname and they working. is it other configuration that I should chang? I get this error from:

From ICM Trace File (dev_icm)

[Thr 3440] *** ERROR => NiBufIConnect: non-buffered connect pending after 5000ms (hdl 7;sapux9.dlg.dk:8016) [nibuf.cpp 4611]

[Thr 3440] *** WARNING => Connection request from (17/117/0) to host: sapux9.dlg.dk, service: 8016 failed (NIECONN_REFUSED)

My Pi have wrong hostname for remote system.

/Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Jco definitions? Are they updated for the new server? That would be in your java side, http://host:port/index.html

choose webdypro

content administration

maintaine jco destinations

If one of your servers changed and there is a jco destination using it, then it would need updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do hurt anything If i reset buffer. There is a list of buffer. What happend with another information after I did reset buffer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From sap help Host name buffer ® Reset ® Entire system

This option lets you make the changes made in the OS hosts and services tables in a running SAP System take effect by making the desired changes at the operating system level and then, instead of restarting, resetting the host name buffer for the server or the entire system. (See also SAP Note 25917.)

my comments...

This is simply a cache of host/ip addresses for performance reasons so sap does not need to do an dns lookup each time. A system recycle clears the buffer and then it is rebuilt as you access systems. The reset is a way to clear the hostname cache on the running system.

However in your case, it seem that a particular servers host name changed, so you need to find where to update that in your system. for instance the RFCs or Jcos.

hostname buffer reset helps when the IP address changes for a server. as unilt you recycle or clear it, you continue to go to the wrong ip for that server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks agian.

I did reset the buffer, but when I tred to run smq2 I can se on buffer I find the wrong hostname and IP . I think mybe there is proxy that i should chang hostname and ip. Becuse rfc connectet korrekt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please login to your SLD server to which PI and R/3 systems are connected and check the 'Technical Systems' for your R/3 . It should be new one. Otherwise removed it from here and re-register it using RZ70 from your R/3.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Subrata

Answers (0)