Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File scenario

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in file to file scenario in which the file is not getting transferred from source to target.

Source communication channel - Transport protocol - NFS | Process mode : Delete | The file is picked but not able to delete from the directory.

Error: File: d:\test\file.txt deleting after processing failed - retry

The file is not transferred to target is it because of this CC is not able to delete the file. Does windows also have any authorization issue if so how should one check the authorization. I have the admin access of my system.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello AbapLerner

As you are new to the forum, please familiarise yourself with the [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement].

- Please search the forum for answers to your queries before posting (see step 1 of the Rules of Engagement)

- Please award points for any quality answers you receive (see step 4 of the Rules of Engagement)

Enjoy SDN!

Regards

XI/PI Moderator

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

resovled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I issue is the user permissions or file might be in read only mode. Check it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just started PI development too and I had this problem. It has to do with the file permissions. It might be having "read only" but you need "read/write" permissions. Please check with your UNIX team.

--Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most certainly it looks the user doesnt have authorizations to delete the file in the folder. Please check the authorizations (try deleting the file from OS login using the same id).

Also, post the error message/ CC audit log you are getting in the RWB...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try with the processing mode "Test" and check what errors you are getting.?

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I keep processing mode as TEST the file is processed successfully at SENDER CC. But the file doesnt get transferred.

Whereas DELETE mode would give me error saying cannot delete.

Edited by: AbapLearner on Mar 14, 2011 4:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope you can do in this way.

Go to physical directory of the file -> right click on file and go to properties.

There you will find a security tab.

In that u have to select all the permissions for the user system or Administrator.

now once again run the interface.

So, I hope the problem will be solved.

Thanks,

Siva.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have an authorization problem for that folder. Your user don't have access to remove/delete files from folder. Check permissions and rectify it,

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is mainly an authorization issue . XI is not authorized to delete the file in that particular folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, Since the scenario works perfectly while using Test mode, so all your design & configuration are OK.

Now, there can be Two reasons why PI is not able to delete the file and process it (during Delete Mode):

(The Problem will persists if you use Archive Mode also)

Prob 1. The directory is write protected or read only

Prob 2. The file is write protected or read only

Solution:

If Unix System

Soln for Prob 1. - go to the directory structure

for ex: if directory where file is kept is /staging/Interface/PI/Test/inbox/

then go to /staging/Interface/PI/Test/ and give command ls -lrt

It will show the directory names with permisions.

use chmod 777 inbox and the permissions willl be changed ( drwxrwxrwx )

Soln for Prob 2. - Get inside /staging/Interface/PI/Test/inbox/ and give command ls -lrt

if the file does not have authorizations as (-rwxrwxrwx) give chmod 777 <filename> and then give command touch <filename>

If Windows System

Soln for Prob 1. - Goto the directoty and right click on the folder and deselect the Read Only Checkbox.

Soln for Prob 2. - Right Click on the file and deselect the Read Only Checkbox

Try again and the scenario will work surely. Let me know if any issues.

Regards,

Souvik

Edited by: Souvik Chatterjee on Mar 14, 2011 8:14 AM

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you see the success message with Test mode in sender CC, then you have to check the mapping issues in SXMB_MONI TCODE whether mapping has been successfully executed or not. If there is no error (status with checked flag) then go and check the receiver CC monitoring so that you can identify the exact cause why it is not send to receiver path.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is most likely that in your case, either the file or the directory in which the file is place do not have write permission. So the communication channel is not able to delete the file.

Hope it helps you

Thanks

Biswajit