cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reverse Service entry sheet posted in earlier prds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are unable to reverse the service Entry sheet created via Shipment cost document. As the Shipment cost document was created in the month ofJanuary 2011. And now that period is closed. But I am looking the way wherein by changing the posting date to current month date. So that system should allow me to reverse the cancellation of service Entry sheet

by ticking the cancellation tick mark under the Settlement Tab.

I need inputs for reversing it in current month. in the similar lines. as we reverse the service entry sheet in ML81N and have an option to change the Posting date. But in VI02, Date Cancellation field is greyed out and we are unable to tried it out.

So basicaly how to change the posting date in shipment cost document, sothat cancellation should happen in date which is being entered by user.

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Cancellation of service entry can not be done directly

When service entry is posted sytem posts goods receipt document GR in the background

You have to cancel that GR document first and then revoke the service entry sheet through ML81N

and then cancel it...hope this will help

Thanks

Diwakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I had the same problem yesterday and we were able to do the reverse of the ship cost provision and the repost using posting dates from this month. Here is what we did:

For reversing using a different date.

Go to VI02, double click on the position, go to "settlement" tab and select "Cancellation" box, then use the menu bar in the "Item" -"Redet. settlement date option" , you will have an information pop up message "Redet. settlement date not possible - account

already assigned to item" , just hit enter and the "date cancellation" field will be now available to modify. Put the date you desire and save. If you go to the document flow, you will notice the cancellation is done and the posting document is in the FI period you desire.

To repost the same shipment cost with the new date (current period).

Go to VI02, double click on the position, go to "settlement" tab , Hit the button "delete account assigment" and the settlement date field will be available for change. Modify the date, save and leave the transaction.

Enter again and from the menu go to "Item - account assigment", and you will notice the system already redetermine the account assigment, go back (F3) and the "Transfer" field is not available to select and save.

Then you have the new service acceptance posted with the current period.

I spend some time and couldn´t find the answer in other websites, now that i have the answer, I hope this help somebody else,

Rgds,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know how to assign points, but wanted to let everyone know this solution works.

Thank you!!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are not the owner of the discussion you cannot assign points for helpful or correct answer, this is only possible for the creator of the discussion.

All readers can LIKE a content which grands 2 points to the contributor.