cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the major SOA approaches ?

andres_parga
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I am creating a set of business process and using SOA services to integrate a supply chain among three companies, which are the major or more effective SOA approaches ? and which are the more relevant two key issues with the contemporary practice of SOA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PARGAMAN,

Welcome to SCN and SOA forum. Can you further elaborate your question?

If you are designing Business process then I'll advise you to focus on "Business services" (i.e. Business capability and functions), do not think from perspective of Technical services or Application services (these will be developed later).

I think right granularity of service and governance is major issue in SOA.

Regards,

Gourav

Edited by: Gourav Khare on Mar 14, 2011 10:19 AM

andres_parga
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gourav

Thank you for your reply. What's about REpresentational State Transfer (REST)?, Is it one of the major approaches?

Regards,

PargaMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PARGAMAN,

You are talking about technical implementation of SOA (REST and SOAP) and I am talking about one step above.

Technical implementation of service is in my opinion is NOT very important at the designing phase of Business Processes, most important think is your "Business Services" correctly identified along with correct level of granularity and then during technical implementation you can decide whether you want to go for SOAP or REST or both.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PARGAMAN,

I share the same opinion as Gourav.

Also when deciding on the technical implementation (REST or SOAP or Both), you will probably need to investigate the capabilities of the involved systems your landscape (& ESB etc.) as to whether they support the desired route you want to take.

Best Regards, Trevor

andres_parga
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Trevor,

Tks for your answer.

andres_parga
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gourav,

Tks for your answer.

andres_parga
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you recommend to me any useful articles/papers for a better understading of the key issues that you are mentioning in this post?

Tks,

Parg@Man