cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access JAVA API from Abap web dynpro on EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a specific requirement. I need to display different KM Document iviews based on the LDAP group of the user.

This is fairly easy to do via Java web dynpro as you have access to the UME information at runtime, however I want to do this in ABAP web dynpro.

I am able to call the KM Iviews dynamically via the abap web dynpro, however I need to know how to access the UME information of the user or call the JAVA API's from abap?

There is very little information available for the above, any suggestions or answers will be rewarded.

-Sumeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even i searched on it when i was havign a similar requirement.

but found nothing except some links pointing to access java APIs via web services.

Not sure how much feasible is that.

however i did a workaround for my funcationality.

suppose you have three types of KM doc iview which you want to display on the basis of role of the user in portal.

then create three different roles

and add the iview having the web dynpro applciation to each of the roles.

then add some applicaiton parameter to iview in each role.

say role=role1 for the iview in one role

role= role2 in sec

and so on.

then in the web dynpro application access this role parameter in the wddoinit and

call the required iview for the same.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet, Good suggestion. There is another workaround I had thought off.

Instead of referring to the LDAP, I can refer to the users tables in SU01and contain them in a particular group.

That way one wont have to create multiple roles and the solution can be relativelt dynamic.

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Thanks for the prompt response. I was wondering if there is a way to access the html header or sso ticket details to know the users logon details?

-Sumeet