Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files coming from Multiple FTP location

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where multiple files(5) are coming from multiple FTP location (5) and target is only one..How to achieve this scenario?

Do I have to make 5 comm. channel/5 sender agreement/5 receiver determination etc etc...Or is there any other way of doing this requirement?

Any blogs will be immensely helpful..

Thanks

Ayan

Edited by: Ayan_2009 on Mar 12, 2011 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

As Prateek said, if there are multiple FTP servers then you have to configure multiple CC's. However, if you have to poll the files from a single FTP server then you can use only one CC. Use the following feature of sender file CC:

● Advanced Selection for Source File : If you want to set an exclusion mask for the File Name specified above, or if you want to specify multiple directories using a file name mask and exclusion mask, set the Advanced Selection for Source Fileindicator.

○ Specify an Exclusion Mask for the file name specified above.

You want to process all files that have the extension '.txt', but want to exclude all files that begin with the letter 'a'. To do this, enter .txt for File Name, and a for Exclusion Mask.

○ You can enter additional specifications for source directories, file names, and exclusion masks in the table. This data is processed in addition to the details specified above.

Also, what would i be interested to know is that do you have a requirement to collect the files together....? if yes then you will have to go for BPM.. ( with N:1 multimapping)

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah ..I have five different FTP servers and five different files will come...

@Punit......All these five files will come together...In that case, do I really have to go with BPM??..If yes, any blog available..

Thanks

Ayan

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Yeah ..I have five different FTP servers and five different files will come...

>

> @Punit......All these five files will come together...In that case, do I really have to go with BPM??..If yes, any blog available..

>

>

> Thanks

> Ayan

All files will come together means what?

means you going to merge them in one? if yes, then you have to use BPM for this scenario. This is a typical scenario of N:1 multi mapping. Use BPM Collect patterns under SAP Basis component. For a time being you can refer below blog for merging part.

/people/aashish.sinha/blog/2011/03/01/e-payment-a-customized-solution-other-than-sap-integration-package-swift-150-part-2-150-merge-encrypt-and-send-to-bank

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If FTP servers are different. Then you need to create different 5 different communication channels

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there are different FTP servers at source side, you need different channels. If it is only one, check and search for this option "Advanced Selection for Source File" in the sender channel.

Regards,

Prateek