cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created one universe as connection personal in my work place pc.due to some prolems i am not able to log in to my pc.it is posible to access the same universe from other s system which is in the same network.

when we create the universe where the universe is stored which folder.

Please educate me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

When we create a universe using personal connection then such kind of universes are stored locally and you can find the saved universe on your Local machine at below location if it is saved at default location.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\Universes

You can also get this path by just clicking File<< Save as

Universe created using Personal and shared connection can not be exported to repository. Hence, we can not open universe based on personal/shared connection from different machines.

In order to access universes from different machines, universes needs to be have Secured connection and should be exported to repository.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

SandS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

First you can check the universe is exported to the repository or not.

Second in which folder did you export the universe you can remind.

Third the you can know whether the data source is created in the server or in your local system.

Fourth universe is not locked or not.

If Your universe is exported in a folder and datasource is using from server and didn't locked then you can access your universe in ohter system by import the universe and save As in a prefered Folder and export the universe.

Then you can use the universe as you like.

All the Best,

Madhu...