cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SAP Purchasing Module Exercise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am teaching SAP for the first time and going through the modules to prepare. In preparing for the Big Trophy (Purchasing) exercise (AIS Module 3) I received unexpected responses from SAP. For example:

While creating a raw material record (MMF1) the exercise requires the input "AXX" in the "Purchasing Group" field. The system responds "Purchasing Group AXX not defined." As an alternate I chose R10, hoping to proceed without further problems.

On the Create Vendor screens (XK01) -- Create Vendor: Payment Transactions Accounting, the Tolerance Goup 3000 was not named, but was available for selection. My efforts to name the group was unsuccessful. My concern here is that it will be a source of confusion for the students, especially since they must answer a question about the purpose and function of a Tolerance Group.

After creating and posting a PO (ME21N), I attempt to receive it (MIGO). When I clicked the Item OK button and Saved, the following error message appeared: "Stop: Generation successful, but you need to call up the function again."

At this point, I feel I need to resolve these issues before I attempt to go further.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Roger Whitaker

Edited by: rwhitaker on Mar 12, 2011 1:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

The purchasing group is the letter A plus your two digit ID, thus the XX, so for instance if your user login ID is 01, then your purch group would be A01.

The tolerance group is selected after question 4.2, but not named. The exercise is asking the students to look at the glossary or help screens to figure out what a tolerance group is.

I am guessing that your purchase receipt may not be working because of your purchase group.

You will want to go back to your material and change the purchase group. You can do this in MM02. You will then have to go back to MIGO to receive the goods. An alternative would be to start from scratch so to speak and reenter an item, P.O. and receipt. You would have to alter your material item slightly to do this.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you Roger.

Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nancy,

You were exactly right. Just goes to show, I need to take a break after too long at the screen. This was what they call in sports an "unforced error." Everything worked fine after that.

This brings up a related question, however. Can I reset student accounts if they make mistakes and can't go back and redo them? I know I can give them another data set, but those are limited. I have 50 with a class of 32. Seems like the instructor alluded to this in the video but I don't think there were explicit instructions.

Please let me know.

And thanks so much for your response. It really helped!

Roger Whitaker

Edited by: rwhitaker on Mar 13, 2011 4:47 PM

Edited by: rwhitaker on Mar 13, 2011 4:48 PM

Answers (0)