cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response delay in Soap Sender while processing large messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of the scenario our sender adapter is SOAP. After receiving the message its sending back the Response as HTTP 200 OK for success messges it is working fine when the message is small. When ever i am getting a large message that time its taking little bit processing time so my sender system not getting the HTTP 200 OK with in the time. (Suppose with in 3 seconds). In this case source system is sendin again the same message thinking that message is not success.

My Sender system they dont want to increase the waiting time from 3 second to .. Seconds

I cont use AAE becasue we are at 7.0.

I have to use Adapter Engine. I will not using direct communicatin with Integration Server.

Can you please let me know how can i resolve this issue..

Thanks & Regards,

Puru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>My Sender system they dont want to increase the waiting time from 3 second to .. Seconds

This approach from sender system is not correct. Since they are sending message in asynchronous fashion the application only gets 200 Ok status only when transport of message to target(XI) is complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to control it in PI side.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the source system application platform?

what is the max XML data size?

For PI 7.1 version, try to send the message as attachment (zipped). If you are in PI 7.1 you can read attachments at mapping level.

For <= PI 7.0 verrsions, try to send the zipped and BASE64 encoded message as SOAP BODY element. Read this content at mapping level using JavaMaping, decode to normal binary zip stream and then unzip the stream. You might have to use two mappings. One java mapping, one message mapping.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>In this case source system is sendin again the same message thinking that message is not success.My Sender system they dont want to increase the waiting time from 3 second to .. Seconds

Looks like you are doing asynchronous SOAP scenario. You could adjust the message reprocessing time little bit later. I meant Pi does automatic reprocess messages after sometime if the mesg gets in to error state.

<IRRELEVANT LINK>

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Mar 12, 2011 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any error. Just my Channel is not sending response with in 3 seconds. That is the reason source system is sending again the same message.