cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of Input message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here my requirement is to validate(check for mandatory fields and length limitation) the incoming message before message mapping.

In PI 7.1, we can do validation of the incoming message at Sender Agreement and Receiver Agreement level by selecting options Validation at IE and Validation at AE.

In case of Outbound scenario's(from SAP ECC to SAP PI) we does not create Sender Agreement.

So, can some one to suggest me how can I validate my incoming message incase of OB?

Thanks,

Regards,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> In case of Outbound scenario's(from SAP ECC to SAP PI) we does not create Sender Agreement. So, can some one to suggest me how can I validate my incoming message incase of OB?

In this case, You cannot use PI's XML Validation. Use Java Mapping. Basically you have to read the XML document using parser to validate and if error stop right there.

Code snippet.

http://www.java-tips.org/java-se-tips/javax.xml.validation/how-to-create-xml-validator-from-xml-s.ht...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think technically it will be good if you can ask ECC team to handle this validation on thier side itself (esp for ECC outbound scenario's) because:

1. It is easy for them to validate the records and send only the valid records to PI.

2. If you go with validation in PI then also you will have to think about what you will be doing with the invalid records and how you will report them back to ECC or retransfer them. I meant the Error handling part.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of Outbound scenario's(from SAP ECC to SAP PI) we does not create Sender Agreement.

For Idocs or ABAP Proxy? In business terms, do you really need validation here?

Regards,

Prateek

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>For Idocs or ABAP Proxy? In business terms, do you really need validation here?

How about HTTP Sender?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baskar, the original post says "(from SAP ECC to SAP PI)", so let's stick to that.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XML validation option in PI 7.1 will take more resources, so better to go with java mapping.