cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator 5.2 - Load the standard Rule Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

I am in the process of configuring Compliance Calibrator 5.2; BASIS has completed initial installations

My understanding is that a Standard Rules Set is provided for R/3; I have received some files from BASIS that were downloaded that appear to be the standard rule sets

Can someone explain the process of loading the standard R/3 rule sets in Compliance Calibrator should I elect to use them or point me to the proper documentation

I am probably going to either follow the conversion process from Compliance Calibrator 4.0 to 5.2 or manually define the custom rule set that best fits our company needs

I would like to know though what the process is if electing to use the standard rule set

Right now I have a Compliance Calibrator 5.2 system that is ready for configuration - no rules are defined

Thanks much

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc

630-758-2021

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

based on the information received in this thread, I will be electing to manually define the ruleset in RAR 5.2

Since I have the time i will define the necessary Functions, Risks (which will determine the rule set) and the mitigating controls using my CC 4.0 as a reference. This will undoubtebly help in understanding exactly how everything ties together, something I need to know.

Thanks for the responses. I will be closing this question.

Jerry

Ryerson

630-758-2021

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to go to configuration - upload rules and upload the text files in sequence.

- Start with ruleset.txt

- Then upload the ALL* files which have the system independent risk descriptions

- the last one should be R3_function_action.txt and R3_function_permission.txt

R/3 includes Basis, ERP and HR risks, so most of the time that's all you need. For systems like SolMan, BI or CUA you can use the R/3 without HR one.

If you are going to have more than one system that can use the same rules I'd recommend creating a logical system, and uploading the R/3 files to the logical system instead of the individual connectors. This will make life A LOT easier for you (you then can maintain a function ONCE and make the change apply to ALL systems in the logical system).

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply - sorry to get back late on this; had to switch "hats' for a couple days

i think I have a better understanding of what my options are now; I would like to expess them here and if you have any comments, would appreciate them.

Option1) Follow the configuration section in the User guide for 5.2; this would be as if it was the first time installing calibrator and having no previous release installed; since it would only be for R3, the following upload would provide me with a "standard out of the box" ruleset:

If I define these to the GLOBAL, they would be the ruleset in effect; optionally I could define these to something named DEFAULT and would have a copy of the default ruleset that I would probably never use; my understanding is the files would be uploaded as I listed them

- upload the authorization objects -(SU24)

- Business Process - ALL_Business_Process.txt

- Function - ALL_Function..txt

ALL_Function_BP.txt

- Function Authorizations - R3_Function_Action.txt

R3_Function_Permission.txt

- Rule Set - ALL_Ruleset.txt

- Risks - R3_Risks.txt

R3_Risks_Desc.txt

R3_Risk_Ruleset.txt

Generate the rules and they would now be available

Option 2) Follow the document for upgrading Compliance Calibrator from 4.0 to 5.2; this takes you through a step by step process to load the necessary objects and download the 4.0 ruleset and import to 5.2; there most likely will be discrepancies in some records which would have to be reviewed and corrected; until a clean import is in place the records will not be uploaded; this approach will provide me with a working set of rules that are current with 4.0; comparison of the ruleset counts between 4.0 and 5.2 would verify this;

I did some work with this and may look again at this approach; identifying the bad records was somewhat of a hassle but achievable

Option 3) Do not load any standard rule set; define from scratch my Business Process, Functions and Risks based on my current 4.0 system; once completed, generate the rules to create the ruleset; this approach would be the most time consuming which is not an issue; it would also provide me with the best understanding of how everything ties together; this would provide a solid support for maintaing the components now and for the future; I am leaning toward this approach now that I feel I do not need the standard ruleset and that it was only provided by others that initially configured the system for us; I will probably utilize the "logical system" since I would use the same definitions for my DEV and PRD systems; all the rules would be define in the logical system which is associated with DEV and PRD

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jerry,

if you are using the standard ruleset, the r3 ruleset already includes the basis parts, you wouold only need to include the r3 ruleset files.

Regards,

Chinmaya