cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changin file permissions of target file in XML to CSV conversion in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a PI configuration with file to file adapter from XML to CSV conversion and everything is working fine except when target CSV file gets created in target directory it has read only permissons. Target system was not able to pick up the file due to this reason. Is there any way I can change file permission to "read and write" somewhere in PI configuration in receiver channel or something or it is a UNIX issue?

Thanks.

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mithun,

It is an issue on the target file system side. Change the directory permission to 777 on the unix side. It will work.

Baskar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your time and feedback. I will work with UNIX team.

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the feedback. So if I understand it right, it seems to be UNIX issue and not PI issue. I Just want to make sure that nothing is wrong on PI side before I talk to UNIX folks as I am very new to PI development.

If I have to run operating system command after processing on PI side, should a write some script to overwrite the permission? I don't know UNIX but if I get help from UNIX team to write the script,then is there any spcific loaction this script file should be placed? I think I read somewhere here it should be on the same server where PI is residing. Otherwise, I will let UNIX handle this.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inform Unix team that the given directory does not have write access, so pi adapter is not writing it.

Questions:

I believe that you already gone to SXMB_Moni or Message monitoring in RWB and saw the target ouput as expected.

Do you see any error in the adapter engine message processing like file writing permission denied or so? Please check.

Also check the file receiver adapter (FCC) whether it shows any error?

Hope that helps now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the ftp user or the directory permission is not set to 777

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run Operating system command after message processing.