cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between views in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a particular requirement regarding FPM. I am using OIF floorplan. In my WD ABAP application it contains 2 views.In the initial views there will be some butoon on FPM tollbar and when user clicks on the toolbar then some checking should be done and based on the checking user will be navigated to second view. Here I am not using a tabbed application.

I am new to FPM. I understood how to catch event and display FPM messages but based on the sucessfull checking how we can navigate to the second view of my component.

Please suggest . I am new in FPM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

before navigating, you would be calling the outbound plug. just before this validate whatever you like to and if its not successfull then raise an error message and cancel the navigation. you can use the message REPORT_ELEMENT_ERROR_MESSAGE to cancel the navigation. This is not specific to FPM but you are using this componenet in FPM, hope it will be helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

For your situation, you can create a event in your component controller and subscribe this event in your first view. on the event handler method fire a plug to navigate to the second view. The same goes for the second view to the first view in case if you want to navigate back.

This would work. However i would advice you to carefully evaluate if OIF in this form is right choice for you . What does it give you more advantage than a normal wda application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

As per your suggestion I have created a custom event and created an event handler method in component controller.I can understand that it is possible for a FPM tool bar button to access a component controller method even from view also we can access the same method.But my question is how to associate an outbound plug and inbound plug to the component controller event handler method.

Could you please explain it. Getting no clue.

Thanks and Regards,

Suman Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you did not read my previous post correctly. I suggested to create a event in the component controller and handle this event in the view and not in the component controller.

Basically you can capture the FPM event in the process-event method in the component controller. Fire your newly created event, your view would handle this event and fire outbound plug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for your quick response. I have tried your approach. As you have said creating a custom event in COMPONENTCONTROLLER and there after handling the event in the View to do the navigation. It is done. But my problem is how to access this navigation from FPM toolbar button. Because navigation is happening at the view label and from the Toolbar button at FPM we can't call the event handler method at COMPONENTCONTROLLER.

If you have any suggestion please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Suman Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can handle the FPM event in the process_event method of the component controller. From there fire the custom event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question remain the same. I know the process_event method. Anyway thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I replied for the same kind of reqirement in FPM GAF. its alomost same in OIF also.

go through the below link

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

I have followed your approach and it works for me. Initiially I was not able to understand your approach but atlast I did.Thanks for your help and support.

With Best Regards,

Suman Deb