cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate in FI posting of Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have seen numerous threads on similar issue but can not come up with any application. the scenario is like this. customer deals into export sales:

1. User would punch export Sales order with custom exchange rate. user will manually enter the custom rate at sales order header as it will be different than the exchange rate assigned to company('M').

2.subsequent documents such as Delivery and Billing(Export invoice) will be punched. in Billing, the exchange rate for account posting VBRK-KURRF is getting pulled from 'M'-OB08 as on billing date irrespective of what I set in VTFL (I tried all option from A to F).

4.customer gets debited with exchange rate as defined for 'M'.

3.User presents these documents to Bank and custom for further procedure and bank again gives actual exchange rate for their transaction what user didn't know when he punched Bill in step 2.

4.The requirement is to again change the debit entry for customer to the new rate given by Bank. this is not possible in SAP.

if the FI posting is hold till the new exchange rate arrives and if there is provision to give this new rate, it suffices the requirement but I doubt if that is possible in SD. Client is not ready for Proforma invoice as they have to present actual commercial invoice to custom with correct number.

Any advise how should i go ahead?

Many Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In exports, exchange rate in billing will be fetched from ob08 settings and while updating incoming payment in foreign currency, whatever exchange rate bankers have indicated, with the same rate only, you need to update.

Check this thread how the difference in foreign currency value would be posted in FI

[Exports|]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Laxmipathi. it cleared my most of the doubts.

now just wanted to know one thing.

here, the client does not have the practice to maintain books on custom rate as what would they prepare their documents such as commercial invoice or GR form for custom clearance. we can provide them with posting block functionality to first punch invoice without having the FI document posted. Later when bank exchange rate comes, we can clear the document with the effective rate in OB08 as on billing date. for this, i will have to let them punch sales order with custom exchange rate...can I use 'Exchange rate' in Sales header tab in sales order for this (VBKD-KURSK)?

Thanks,

Binita