Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to abort all movements in WM by posting a movement in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a simple question:

Is it possible to abort all movements in WM by posting a movement in MM i an exception case??

I tried by posting MM-Movement with Mb1b:

In WM Parameters: "No Transfer Requirement".

But it doesn`t work: I get an Transfer Order...

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inventory Management movement types that do not initiate any activity in the Warehouse Management System have the reference movement type 999.

So, for the mtype that you used in MB1B, assign wm ref mtype 999. No Wm transaction will be created

You can do this in SPRO - Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you, but I don`t want to do this everytime for Movement 101 or 102. It should by just in special cases. Is it not possible to stop the movement to WM in special cases?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

There are 2 points to be considered. Do you really want to break the link between MM and WM or just not to create any WM documents after the MM posting? As a summary,

- If you really want to break the link between MM and WM for some movements, some stock categories, etc, then assign 999 as the reference WM movement type as described above. But this should be used very carefully as it will result a stock inconsistency between MM and WM. Under normal circumstances I don't see any reason to do it.

- If what you want is only not to create any WM documents, then in the customizing for determination of the WM movement type, you can set the flag for "No TR". Then TO will not be created. You mentioned that you have already done this, but the TO is still created. This should not happen, please review howo you post the movement and your customizing settings. In this case (where no TR/TO created) you may end up with lots of interim stocks. If you want to use it, then you should define a procedure to deal with the interim (9xx) stocks.

I hope this gives a clear picture. Please explain your requirement, then I may give you a solution offer.

Regards,

Osman N. Korca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I think I will solve the problem with 999.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please be careful when using 999, if you do not use it carefully, this may/will result in stock inconsistency btw. MM and WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think what you require is possible

Firstly I am not sure why you would noy want to do a TO in WM if you do a 101 as the stick needs to be put away

If you have the system set NOT to create a TR and you do not have auto TO set then you should not get a TR or a TO

I do not kniow of any way you can be selective as to the creation of a TR or a TO

N.B. TR's can be set as 'delivery complete' in the warehouse activity monitor (LL01) without processing them

I hope that this helps

Frenchy