cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Workflow Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring the TMS workflow in my landscape and following the below sap help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/5a/34bd66c03d11d2851c0000e8a57770/content.htm

I am clear with every step in the setup however this does not give information on how to assign approvers for the workflow.

From below link, I understand, we can have 2 levels of approval but where do we mention that user x is the approver? and user y is the trnsport administrator? we have 5 basis administrators at the moment who can handle transport administration. If there is no where in SAP to mention the list of approvers explicitly, then is it designed such a way to give 2 users with different authorization and there by the worklist comes automatically to their inbox based on the workflow step?

http://www.onestopsap.com/sap-study-material/upload/transport-workflow-pdf-book.pdf

Please provide information to define the approvers for the TMS workflow.

Regards

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I assume you have already set the workflow (configuration), and now you want to add the agents/approvers.

Go to STMS > System Overview (of course you need to do it from transport domain controller).

Then Click on Display on Transport Domain (Hat icon).

Click on "workflow engine" tab.

In "User Assignment" section, click on "Responsibility" Radio button on change mode.

You can see one pencil icon (Edit Responsibilities), click on that.

Next you have to give the input on your workflow (I don't remember the option exactly), and it will take you to the screen

where you add/modify agents, which will be the approver for your workflow request.

Try this and let me know if you are able to add agents.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your inputs. Let me modify the settings in the system, test it and let you know for additional information.

Thanks again.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I could not figure out the inputs for the screen you mentioned.

I see below list of tabs but they seem to be generic workflow rule defining screens and not just specific to TMS.

Rule Definition

Description

Container

Responsibilities

Please provide a sample rule creation steps. My requirement is that I need to set user1 as approver1 and user2 as approver2.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Sorry for replying late. You are almost there.

Now, as you want to add approver (agents), go to "Responsibilities" tab.

Choose Period as Other Period.

You will insert a new agent (approver) here.

There is a icon, (out of 14 icons under the four tabs you mentioned) to add the agent.

It should be some thing like "Insert Agent Assignment".

Now, it will pop-up one small screen named "Selection". There you will have below options:

1.Work Center

2.Job

3.Organizational Unit

4.Person

5.Position

6.User.

Choose "User" here and you will have the option to choose the user (agent) here pressing usual F4.

Once you choose the user it will be added as Agent or Approver.

Then you will save and come out to STMS screen and distribute it.

Once it is activated, you will get a message like "All Systems have newest version".

Before creating the approver from Responsibilities tab, you might have to go to Rule Definition

and Description tab. And need to fill all mandatory fields.

Again, before that you have to create process, sub-process and projects according to requirement

of your organization.

Approver is included under that sub process. For more information in organization structure,

you might need to check with functional people.

Just for example, there will be some process XYZ, and sub-process will be BASIS. And you will add the

approver who will approve BASIS related transport proposals.

I did it long back, so, I gave you steps to create approver. Now, if you spent some time there, you will

know more.

Now, once you create a transport proposal, you can track to which approver it has gone for approval,

from tcode SWI1. Please check it there.

There could be some other procedure as well. I did it in this way.

Hope this gives you idea.

Regards,

Sujit.