cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate results in Additioanl Actuals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with the report S_ALR_87013558, especially where multiple currencies are concerned. One of our projects has been running since 2008 and there is a PO connected with this Project for the same period. The PO has a fixed exchange rate of 6.3. Thus 1 $ will give you 6.3 local currency. The problem arises where the exchange rate changes over time and actuals are posted (MIGO/MIRO) at the committed $ amount but varying local currency amounts.

Due to this, commitments in the S_ALR_87013558 report are understated in local currency. Example would be $4000 = 1000 local currency when it fact it should be +- 24 000 local currency. The system reduced the local currency committed amount with the higher actual values, effectively reducing with more that it shold have.

Final example given to illustate the point

PO commitment of $1000. Local currency commitment of 6300. Service entry sheet and invoicing done at exchange rate of 6.8. Thus we have commitment reducing in local currency of 6800 instead of 6300, thus commitments are understated with 500 local currency.

Kind Regards;

Werner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a standard behavior. Please adjust your tolerance limit accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Please can you elaborate on the tolerance limits that needs to be adjusted?

Kind Regards;

Werner

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

while setting the tolerance limit, please do not block it (Error message) at 100%. Put at least 105% for error message. This will give you some flexibility so that you will not run out of budget because of exchange rate issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that may be true and it will resolve the issue of not enough budget but the report is still not reflecting the correct figures.

I cant believe SAP will be ok with this, meaning everytime there is forex transactions involved you have PS report figures that are out of synch.

Kind Regards;

Werner

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I cant believe SAP will be ok with this,

Can you explain a bit more. What is your concern? Why you are not believing SAP..?

All the major businesses in the world are running on SAP...!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

With all due respect, your comment is not helping me get to the solution I require.

As per my original post, I require the reporting to be accurate - I am not stuck at invoicing or experiencing budgeting issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reconstruct the Project database using Transaction CJEN

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> With all due respect, your comment is not helping me get to the solution I require.

>

> As per my original post, I require the reporting to be accurate - I am not stuck at invoicing or experiencing budgeting issues.

Reporting is correct only, system is reducing the commitment by actual posted (system wont check whether you entered different exchange rate during PR and now changed different) as it is real time data.

In my earlier reply I mentioned it is a standard behavior.

Please make a "Z" report as you required..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul

For the same scenario mentioned, could you please advise if there is a way to route the exchange rate variances to a specific account and flag that account as exempt for budget check.

Just trying to throw some light on this.....

Regards

Kaashif M