cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP file access Source Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please tell me how I can give the right FTP file access Source Directory, when I use FTP to pick up a file in specific directory? My XI is installed in Unix.

for example, my user name is myang and is in /home/. FTP server is installed in /ftproot/. My file is in /usr/SAP/globlal/ and the file name is input.txt. I use FTP to pick up the file and send to somewhere. Then in "File Access Parameters" tab in FTP sender communication channel, what do I write in the "source Directory"? Thank you very much!

Meiying

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meiying,

I have had the same problem recently and firewall is the issue. Your network admin should be able to fix that for you, make sure you give them the IP Address of the FTP server you are trying to access as well.

regards,

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also take a look at this blog,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone's answer and suggestion!

I think FTP server setting and security are the issue. Our system admin have not getten a solution yet. But I toke the Bhavesh's suggestion and installed FTP server on my own machine. It works. For my current learning, I think it is enough now. Thanks again!

Meiying

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

Look at this thread..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

Just to interest you...

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

If XI is installed on a Unix machine, there is a possibility that your user is not having all file permissions. Just check this with ur admin

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Source Directory: /usr/SAP/global/

File Name: input.txt

and in the FTP Connection Parameter specify the

Server, Port:21, uncheck the anonymous login and specify your username and password.

Hope this helps.

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

Thank you for your reply! But It does not work. It says "ConnectException: Connection refused".

Meiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if its a problem with firewall.

See if Port 21 for FTP Connection is closed. May be that could be the problem.

Thanks,

Tirumal

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually, unix servers only enable sFTP (which is accessed through port 22), not regular FTP.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having our system administrator check it now. He has not anser yet.

Meiying