cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM query

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am new to Floor Plan manager , so was trying out a simple Hello World application.

I created WD component , implemented the interface IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK.

Created a WD application , used FPM_GAF_COMPONENT as the component with FPM_WINDOW as the interface view.

Every thing works fine till here.

When I right click on the the application and create a confguration , it asks for a configuration name and a package.

I give the necessary things and click on ok..

But nothing happens after that.

What might be the reason?

Are there any services to be activated?

Where am I going wrong.?

Request the experts to provide me proper steps to follow..I have the SAP document on FPM..But still facing problems.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

You have to launch the configuration editor...

once your application configuration is created - find it in SE80, it will appear on the right with a button "Start Configurator". This launches the FPM configuration application (which is a WDA you should then be able to follow the steps in the guide from there!

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris ,

Nice to see you back:)

The problem is configuration itself is not getting created for the web dynpro application.

I give the configuration name , it asks for package and TR's..

I enter the relevent details and click on 'OK'...Aftr that nothing happens .

According to the SAP doc..it should take me to the component configuration editor rite?

This is not happening.

It is expected to create a configuration rite?

I cannot find the configuration in se80 also.

We recently moved to EHP4...So please let me know ,if any configuration has to be done to start FPM..

Any services to be activated?

Thanks,

Aditya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by myself

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the issue?

an authorisation role needed by any chance?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris ,

The application configuration WD app was not throwing any error message nor succeeding when I created a configuration with a name not starting 'Z' or 'Y'.

So this made me confused...Then , in one of my tries , I started the config name with Z , and everyting was perfect:)

Thanks,

Aditya.