Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxy or RFC Receiver adapter? what is recommended

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

our nonSAP application is trying to modify an employee's data in ECC. On ecc side, we are using the bapi BAPI_FAMILY_CHANGE.

the scenario is something like:

nonSapAppl-->someAdapter-->PI-->ProxyOrRfcAdapter?-->Ecc

i read in sdn that it is recommended to use proxies over RFC adapter. but in my case is it true. i have a ready RFC or remote-enabled bapi present on ecc system.

is it better to import the rfc as it is in esr, and use rfc-reciever adapter in ID, or

should i use inbound proxy, and call the bapi BAPI_FAMILY_CHANGE from within the inbound proxy.

thanks,

Madhu_1980

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Calling Directly RFC would be easy solution ....

But It totally depends . On your scenario Like frequency of data , High Availability of receiver System ..etc..

So I would suggest in that Case . Proxy . Which is tightly integarted with Directly Integartion Engine .

Regards

PS.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>is it better to import the rfc as it is in esr, and use rfc-reciever adapter in ID, or should i use inbound proxy, and call the bapi BAPI_FAMILY_CHANGE from within the inbound proxy.

Proxies are generally better in performance than RFCs or IDocs. In your case, since the BAPI is readily available and proxy development is an extra step, You might consider going RFC. If your message volume is larger and size is very high then consider doing Proxy.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

reuse to existing interfaces is usually preferable (lower costs). With a proxy as wrapper you make the situation more complex (more difficult to change, more sophisticated monitoring). You need a very good reason to go for proxy, for example if you identify a performance issue.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you can go for RFC itself i.e use existing BAPI Itself..no need to go for Proxy...

If there is no BAPI and want to build some code for your requirement then go for Proxy...based on operation and frequency of the usage..

HTH

Rajesh