cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This thread is locked - replies are not allowed" what deos it mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I posted a question and I got an answer for that. But I needed more clarification on the answer. When I tried to reply to the question I saw that the reply button is blocked. What does the message mean?

*This thread is locked - replies are not allowed. *

Regards

ET

Move from Career Center

Edited by: kishan P on Mar 15, 2011 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

consult SAP Team to release it again.

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

also there is one thread which says rules of engagement , refer that it will be more clear to you why ur thread has been locked.

Regards

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to contact them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the below given was the question.

I heard that MsSAP is a business suit of SAP AG. It has 5 enterprise applications

1. ERP

2. CRM

3. SCM

4. SRM

5. PLM

I think HR and FICO comes under ERP.

Then what about other modules? Like MM, SD, PP, PS ETC

And BI/BW, BASIS, ABAP...

I'm totally confused, please trow some lights on the main product (business suit) name of SAP and the branches and sub branches...

is there anything wrong in this question?

regards

et

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there anything wrong in this question?

Yes, it is so basic that a 30 second search would give you the answer. So this is against the posting rules of the forum.

PS: And this thread is also completely out of topic in the career forum...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say it's so basic question, then why I'm not geting answer from anyone. Not 30 seconds, I have searched 3 hours but I still don't know the answer. Can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not asking you what is abap and mm...

I'm asking you that, is it the different module of erp?

Is sap itself an ERP or erp is only a part of sap?

what are the modules comes under srm, crm etc or it doesn't have any modules?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And here is your most recent effort:

How to create

1. Absence and attendance quota

2. Substitution

3. OT?

Is it creating only in infotype or before that we have to do some settings?

How to create the leave types?

You seem to be a notorious non-researcher that wants all answers nicely presented. If you would show up in the ABAP forums like that I can guarantee you the same outcome as described above.

Please read this material if you have the time:

[Rules of engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

[Asking Good Questions in the Forums to get Good Answers|/people/rob.burbank/blog/2010/05/12/asking-good-questions-in-the-forums-to-get-good-answers]

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I agreed about my absence question. I can find the answer if I took little more effort. But really I tried to get the answer for the basic question about SAP. And I don't have any study materials apart of sap.help and sdn help...

I used get few minutes to work on my roommates laptop. I can't do any experiments during the short period. I have not done any certification. Just attended a one month training class. You know how much I can learn.

My trainer explained me that SAP is an ERP and the same time he said that ERP is one of the five product of SAP Business suit. When I requested him to make it more clear, he also asking me to refer books :).

Thanks for your reply and I'm closing the thread...

Regards

ET

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback, you understand we have to try applying the rules to everybody the same way, and the decisions are solely based on the information given in the posts, nothing else is known at that time. This can appear to be more or less harsh when seen from the view of the involved, based on circumstances.

The English wikipedia has good articles related to your questions.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)