cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBNW Certification -Option 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between NW-XI-CNT and NW-XI-CNT-IS?

Is back end integration with an R/3 functional module a must for any of the above certification? If so, does the back end application must use SAP standard APIs, BAPI or IDoc?

A correct and clear answer will certainly get the highest Forum Point!

Best Regards,

Kan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

as much as I know, the answer to both of your questions is yes:

1. Backend integration with an R/3 function module is not a requirement.

2. The flashbook (which is not from me but from Christoph Claus - a different Claus) only uses an example, it doesn't mean that this is the only way to get the certification. But the example used in there definitely is enough for the certification. Also the iView is not required for the NW-XI-CNT certification itself. It is required to get the Powered by NetWeaver (PBNW) Status.

However, I suggest that you ask this question also in the forum within the Integration and Certification Center (this is a different forum than the one you are in here). This forum is monitored by the ICC folks themselves (who are in charge of certifications).

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

In India, There are 3 certifications related to XI offered by SAP, They are:

- NW-XI-AF (Adapter Framework)

- NW-XI-CNT (XI Content)

- NW-XI-CNT-IS (XI Content based on Industry Standards)

For the differences, this link answers your question comprehensively..

[original link is broken]

Again, your second question has been answered by Claus.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

NW-XI-CNT and NW-XI-CNT-IS are very similar. The only difference is, that in the second case the interface definitions of on industry standard are used on one end of the scenario, like RosettaNet, CIDX, ISO-95, etc.

Is it required to have an SAP backend application in place? The answer is no. You can for example build a package that enables a 3rd party product to communicate via an industry standard (NW-XI-CNT-IS) or you can integrate two different non-SAP backend solutions via an XI content package (NW-XI-CNT).

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Thank you for your prompt response. Am I correct in interpreting your answer that backend integration with an R/3 functional module is NOT required for NW-XI-CNT certification?

Also I viewed your flash book presentation on XI content certification. In slide 5, you do talk about backend integration and suggest using an RFC Adapter for the sender interface to R/3 Enterprise Portal 4.7 and a SOAP Adapter for the receiver interface. Please confirm whether configuring the XI contents using these scenario and demonstrating the content using an iView in the Enterprise Portal be sufficient for certification?

Warm Regards,

-Kan