cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain to delete the last data load request in Infocube and DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could someone help to give some pointer on how to do this?

I have an Infocube and a DSO. I need to do full load everyday but must first delete the previous request. How to set this deletion of previous load request in Process Chain.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222556
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bonar,

Go to T-CODE RSPC

-->Create Start Process

-->in Data Target Administration, Drag the Complete Deletion of Data Target Content

-->in Process Variant, Add DSO, searching by it's name

-->add Infocube also to delete cube data

-->after that, attach PSA deletion Process

Best Regards

Obaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I know this 'complete deletion of data target content'. What i need is a task that can delete the last dataload, not to delete the whole data target content. I want to retain all the previous data load, except the last loaded request.

I am sorry if I am not very clear on my question.

former_member222556
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this , you need write the ABAP code and attach in Process Chain via ABAP Program PRocess.

RSICCONT is table which the Request of all cube data Target .

write following code :-

data msid type i.

select max( sid ) into msid from RSICCONT where Icube = '<your cube name >'.

delete from RSICCONT where sid = msid and icube = '<your cube name>'

-->SID is request ID, Max request id will be the last request or you can use the Time stamp as well

for Deletion.

Best Regards

Obaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Obaid,

Thanks a lot. I think this should do the job. I will try this.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Obaid,

i read from this forum too this post: . And the there are few tables actually related to this one request. And not adviceable to delete the entry manually.

Do you have any comment on this? Have you done similar case and found it's working to just delete the entry directly from tRSICCONT able alone.

"

Hi,

Table RSICCONT table contains the requests that are actually loaded in a target.

Deletion of compressed request from InfoCube > Delete the request from the table RSICCONT which will delete the request from

manage but not data.

Table RSMONICDP contains the request id of the fact table.

Table RSMONICDP keeps status of all the load so you can give particular timestamp and all the cube and ODS name and

u'll have the log.

Table RSODSACTREQ / RSODSACTUPDTYPEcontains information if an ODS is available for reporting/deleting inactive requests also possible.

Its not advicable to delete data from table directly.

Thanks,

JituK"

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can include the process type Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents(under Data Target Administration) in the process chain and specify the Infocube or DSO name from which you want to delete the request.

Thanks.