cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/TSCONS - Consistency Check for Time Series Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Users,

I've run this program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK to check and repair any errors in the TSO that we had.

To my horror I've now discovered that all of the livecache data has been deleted as well. I didn't expect this.

Is this what is supposed to happen or should it leave the livecache data alone?

Interested to know if anyone else has had similar experience.

thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully the support pack to apply will reolve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue of the deleting the data in livecache has stopped.

The only thing that we can link this to is we had been realigning the sold to characteristic to correct the data. Since we've stopped this the consistency check has run fine.

So my suggestion is: make sure that the master data is all up to date before trying to run this. Be very careful when changing the data and make sure it is backed up before you execute these consistency checks.

Best of luck all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your replies. We're running with SCM 7.0 but not the latest patches. Due to apply these shortly.

I Have managed to delete the live cache data multiple times using this consistency check. The data I've lost is the statistical forecast, stat FC adjustment KF and and FC override KF. All of the data that is held in livecache and not updated by a macro.

Unfortunatley we haven't backed up the data to a cube and the data we've lost isn't too much but was more concerned about this happening in th future. We are setting up the cubes to back up the data in the Dev environment now.

Interested to see what settings you apply when running this program. The settgings that I've found delete this data are:

Ticking the log, Repair, Lock Plan, Check Live Cache Anchor, Check SNP Master Data, Extended DP BOM Check and Force DP-BOM Propagation.

I believe it is selecting the "Force DP-BOM Propagation" that deletes the live cahe KF's.

When running the consistency check I'm getting this on the log "The DP BOM relationship for PPM abc between the characteristic combination of output product abc and the characteristic combination of input product xyz was repaired successfully" although in the repair column it is marked with a red X.

We will raise this as an issue with SAP because we've been able to repeat the data loss.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is mostly possible only if you had deleted a major chunk of CVC without setting the adjust time series. After this when you had run the consistency check, it would have deleted the LC data.

However deleting a major chunk of CVC is not easy as it takes a very long time. Have you noticed any such runs?

Hope you have a backup in a cube or something.

Thanks & Regards,

Mani Suresh

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with the previous two replies. Actually consistency check is a program that must be executed before the SNP planning run to avoid errors that may occur because of inconsistent data.

And consistency check will not delete your data. Never seen that happen. Do you back up your data to cube ? If you do that you can restore the data and get your business up and running and then start investigating what caused the problem

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

I too have run this program several times without issues. I would suggest that you confirm that data in livecache is missing and then raise a high priority OSS message to get SAP involved.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We execute this program frequently and never faced such issue. Can you elaborate which data is lost.

Best regards,

Vaibhav