cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

liveCache anchor could not be found with the DP BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Users,

I have a com error when trying to call up the child products in a planning book that is linked to a BOM POS.

I've chceked the CVC's and BOM information and this all appeard to be okay. I've created the TSO (without deleting the old one), run the consistency checks /SAPAPO/PSTRUCONS, /SAPAPO/TSCONS and /SAPAPO/OM17 but still no joy.

After running the consistency check for the TSO (with repair ticked) the are a lot of "No live cache anchors found" errors that don't get fixed. These appear to be all of the BOM products that error.

What other options do I have to create the livecache for these info objects. I'm REALLY stuck with this and would appreciate any help. I don't want to delete the TSO and loose data in livecache.

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani & Rishi,

thank you both for your information. More details for other users if they come across this problem as well.

We are using SCM 7.0 but don't have the latest patches on. Due to upgrade to patche 9.0 very soon.

Mani,

1) Yes i had selected delete the input products

2) The TSO with repair is the cuase of the problem depending on the options I select when I run.

3) The live cahce error only appeared if I tried to drill into the input products (from the output product) to see the dependant demand. The error message had two lines "No Live Cache anchor found" & "Error reading data - planning book can not be processed further".

From this the diagnosis it suggested to run the consistency checks which I did but this caused another problem on the thread below. Deleting out the live cache history. I will put more detail on this thread but suggest to users to be careful when running the Consistency Check for Time Series Network and what is selected. Selecting repair & chcek SNP master Data appears to be the best options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few thoughts

1) Did you check the 'Delete Input Products' box while attaching BOM from /sapapo/mc62? This is mandatory for consistency in DP BOMs.

2) When you ran the TSO with repair, you said it showed a number of 'LC Anchor not found' message. Did you see a Green arrow at the right most column? If yes, it was fixed, if not, someone might be locking the Planning area or the version.

3) Also share the com routine error number, that will help us understand what the error exactly is.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

Take a look at the SAP "Manage Demand Planning in SAP APO (3.x) / mySAP SCM (4.x, 5.0)" Best Practice for Solution Management document.

It says

-

Adapt Time Series for New Characteristic Combinations with report

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC. For example, if you create a new characteristic

combination without the option 'Create time series objects' (see transaction /SAPAPO/MC62),

you get the error u201CNo liveCache anchor foundu201D when selecting this characteristic combination.

In this case, execute report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC for the basis planning

object structure of the planning area. This creates the corresponding liveCache anchors and

liveCache time series for all planning areas that use this basis planning object structure and

for all versions of these planning areas for which time series objects already exist.

/SAPAPO/TS_REALIGNMENT cannot work without the liveCache anchors. So before

executing realignment (or if missing liveCache anchors are reported), run report

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC. Mark the option display error log to get a log in

case of unsuccessful execution. See also SAP Notes 492399 and 573127.

If necessary, you can determine and repair inconsistencies for the planning area by executing

report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK and choosing the Repair option (see Maintenance

of DP Data Storage Structures). For details, see SAP Note 402046.

-

In another section it also says

-

Delete Time Series and Time Bucket Profiles having no liveCache Anchors with report

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG. This report is supplied with SAP Note 542946, SP 22 (for APO

3.0), and SP 10 (for APO 3.1) u2013 see SAP Note 425825. The report determines all liveCache

time series and time buckets profiles from a selected planning version that do not have any

'liveCache anchors', independently of planning areas. These objects do not refer to the

application data so they are not inconsistent, but they are unnecessary and consume

liveCache memory. It may be sufficient to run the report approximately once a month.

If you have selected the 'Repair' option, any such unnecessary objects are deleted.

Caution: When you run report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG, no other processes for a

planning area with key figures based on liveCache time series should be allowed to run with

the same planning version. Otherwise, liveCache objects that are still required by the other

parallel process may be recognized as unnecessary and even deleted. For this reason, we

recommend that you always run the report with the option 'Lock planning version'. In this case,

all planning areas that use the planning version to be checked are locked for the relevant

version. If you cannot activate the lock, report execution is interrupted and a list of system

users is displayed, showing users who have already set a change lock for the planning

version.

-

I dont know if this helps. But might be worth a try.

Rishi Menon