cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import usage information to accelerate BPM implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember reading about a way to automate the creation of BPM's business processes based on which tcodes are in use. But now I can't seem to find that documentation anywhere. Does this ring a bell with anyone, or am I dreaming?

Thanks,

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

You can start checking note 784752.

The specific training for this subject is SM300.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that the note you meant to refer to? It lists the various pre-requisities to configuring BPM. But I already have it running for some processes that I created manually. What I was looking for is something to automate the creating of business processes in BPM, preferably based on actual transaction usage.

I haven't taken SM300, but I did take the week long Expert Guided Instruction session on BPM (which I highly recommend, by the way).

Regards,

Sean

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

I'm not sure about BPM automation, I would have to check it with the experts.

If you would like to enhance the alert functionality to diaplay additional information like Transaction Code/Program and Error Text, there is a possiblity to create own monitors called User Exit. You can find detailed information about this in the service marketplace.

service.sap.com/bpm -> media library -> technical information -> setup guide - customer exit.

I hope this help you to get the required functionality into BPMon.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

the only thing really speeding up an (initial) BPMon implementation is the usage of the available template solution with selected pre-configured key figures. For more information read my blog "Business Process Monitoring - Template configuration available for download" at /people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2009/07/29/business-process-monitoring--template-configuration-available-for-download

What you probably heard about is the functionality "Solution Documentation Assisatant" which allows to verify whether certain business processes are used or not according to the transaction usage and some other criteria. It helps to re-document processes. It does not necessarily speed up an BPMon implementation as the SoDocA works with processes in the project part of the SolMan. Those processes then have to copied to a solution and only then you configure BPMon.

By the way, if you didn't hear about the latest available key figures for BPMon you can read my blog "New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially Lead Time measurements" at /people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2011/04/04/new-key-figures-for-business-process-monitoring-in-sap-solution-manager-especially-lead-time-measurements

Best Regards

Volker

Answers (0)